KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As above but not for a KTM - For an old 77 Honda 400/4 - renovating my lad dads bike...spokes are rusty and the rims are pitted so im gonna pull them apart to get the rims re-chromed so ill need the wheel rebuilt...

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
Yes

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep - cheers - i think im gonna have a crack at it...at the very worst i have to change the spokes anyway as theyre all rusted...and the rims need re chroming...

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
I’ve always had a chap rebuild mine for me Wheelwize I think it is. Very good but it’s quite expensive. When I needed to do the old Triumph Thunderbird wheels recently I bought a static wheel balancer/ truing tool and did them myself. Check out the price of new rims, a lot of chroming places don’t like doing rims as the spoke holes have sharp edges and wear out the polishing mops. I bought polished stainless rims for the TBird which means they’ll never need doing again. The “British Chrome” ones I fitted at the first rebuild had gone very rusty.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah - a lad on the ducati forum just pointed me that way....i could still keep the original rims and store them...

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yep. Cheers...probably strip them next week - was in the garage all day yesterday so brownie points have dried up....

·
Registered
100 Posts
See the article in the current (Feb) issue of Classic Bike, plus loads of advertisers offering whjeel-related parts and services

1 - 12 of 12 Posts