KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys time has come to change my ktm and i cant help but think ktm have out priced me upgrading, quality doesnt seem to be there, and my local dealer doesnt have one used ktm enduro in stock, went to next dealer who showed me a lovley looking beta at £6000 on the road new, i know it wont hold its money like a ktm but whats your thoughts on them?

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Friend rides one.

A few years ago they weren't quite right but they're sorted now. Fast, easy to ride. My only concern about buying one would be spares and parts. I know with my KTM I can get any part next day, won't be the same with the Beta.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dont read tbm but i will go get one,
ye spare parts and resale value are the two main things i guess, would be nice to talk to someone who has one

·
Registered
417 Posts
For £6k, go get a brand new 350exc from Leisure trail or Redline KTM for £6200 cash. Dont have to pay more for them to knock off £750 for the powerpart deal. Genuine deal as well as my mate has just bought one £6195 leisure trail, or £6145 at Redline.

hi guys time has come to change my ktm and i cant help but think ktm have out priced me upgrading, quality doesnt seem to be there, and my local dealer doesnt have one used ktm enduro in stock, went to next dealer who showed me a lovley looking beta at £6000 on the road new, i know it wont hold its money like a ktm but whats your thoughts on them?

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yes prob will sell it very soon
its a 2010 six days model thats done aprox 80 hours from new im the second owner the first being a mature friend, not had a hard life and very well looked after, still have the original barrel to prove its genuine and only done aprox 10 hours on 280 kit, not ridden for at least 6 mths

·
Registered
852 Posts
For £6k, go get a brand new 350exc from Leisure trail or Redline KTM for £6200 cash. Dont have to pay more for them to knock off £750 for the powerpart deal. Genuine deal as well as my mate has just bought one £6195 leisure trail, or £6145 at Redline.
sounds a good deal, the 350 exc is a great bike and is well matched to the 300 exc in all the rewiews :D

·
Registered
405 Posts
I've had 2 betas nod they were both superb......admittedly they had ktm 4T engines....but suspension/brakes and handling were excellent....don't listen to those who will condem...only listen to those who have owned...

Oh yes parts are rapidly available from lambkins and are cheaper than ktm.....great bikes but don't know about 2t models....

Yes you will lose money but you should be able to nego in the first place.....

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
The 250 got rave reviews in the American Dirt Bike mag this month and am tempted myself. The comment they made was that it has taken KTM 30 years to get to the current 250 EXC and Beta have built a better bike at the 1st attempt.

In particular, the electric start is built in to the engine by design rather than being stuck on afterwards with chewing gum.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I've been riding a 350 and 300 back to back the last few weeks and I can tell you the 300 is significantly more powerful and explosive than the 350. It also feels a lot lighter.
Yes I know I've had a 300 exc, but the 350 is much smother and a great all round bike in general, it's all down to personal preferences and the rider, yes the 300 does feel lighter but it only about 4kg difference but yes it's noticeable but doesn't bother me the 350 in the right hands is no slouch , horses for courses both great bikes in there own right. I like the look of the new 2013 te 300 and has great reviews , my mate has just bought one hoping to try it out soon :D

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
No problem with beta parts lampkins stock everything and are a excellent dealer. I would really like a 2t beta next.

Reactions: jmspear

·
Registered
852 Posts
No problem with beta parts lampkins stock everything and are a excellent dealer. I would really like a 2t beta next.
I seen the new ones when i was down at fast eddys at cown, build quality looks great, very nice looking bikes and well capable,;)

stevie

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
I had a look at a 250 in leisuretrail, nice bike but they had no spares at all. Everything must be ordered so if you need a part straight away you are stuffed. There's been a few occasions when I've needed a part the day before an event/rideout and I've got 2 ktm dealers 10 minutes away so it's never been a hassle. That's why I'm sticking to the orange side.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Friend rides one.

A few years ago they weren't quite right but they're sorted now. Fast, easy to ride. My only concern about buying one would be spares and parts. I know with my KTM I can get any part next day, won't be the same with the Beta.
Assuming lampkin are the main importer for the Enduro model as well as the trials model, they are brilliant on parts and spares the trials side, can phone or internet order, great online parts system, great very expert advice (i.e after overheated suggested I replace impellor on pump only a few pence, go one grade hotter on plug etc) have phoned fri afternoon and with me following day for trail on sunday and best bit is as the main importer they have pretty much everything in stock, by far the best parts service I have come across, but that is for the trials 2t ...... hope that helps, I stayed orange on enduro for residuals, though and orange is an awesome bike and local dealer for servicing (but as mine is a 4T I prefer to get the dealer to do stuff like valve clearances) but have no idea on enduro servicing but as a 2T you can prob do it all yourself?

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
WTF! Where do you find these deals? Or do you have to just go in and try and push for them? I tried getting a deal on a 250 and every single dealer would only accept RRP.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.