KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody run a 190/55 on their SD rear...benefits/downside??

I've only ever had a 190/55 on mine and am intrigued as to why it was on there in first place (as was this size when bought bike from last bloke)

I read somewhere a while back that puttin a 190/55 on rear wrecks the handling!!!??? Really......am I missing something here? Will it improve handling by putting a 180/55 back on it with next change......I didn't think there was much wrong with it as is but always glad to improve (need all the help I can get!) :D

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
meant to turn in a bit better/quicker with a 180. never had one on tbh. i doubt it would make a huge difference. but when its worn maybe try a 180.
whats the clearance like with a 190? id heard it can rub the swingarm?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
meant to turn in a bit better/quicker with a 180. never had one on tbh. i doubt it would make a huge difference. but when its worn maybe try a 180.
whats the clearance like with a 190? id heard it can rub the swingarm?
Thanx for info.....clearance 8-12mm each side, has rubbed a mm off the chain guard but that's the lot
Will see if any other words of wisdom out there b4 opting for180. Thanx king moto

·
Registered
188 Posts
The 190 will slow the stealing down a bit. Also you can't run a shorter wheelbase as it rubs on the swing arm.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yeah sorry my iPad has a habit of auto correcting to the incorrect word.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.