KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buddy of mine has the moto bug but dont want a used KTM LC4 for example.

He is however drooling over the Aprilia SXV 5.5.

1,800 mile service intervals and a piston change at 5,500 mile service is not putting him off as he would probably only do between 1,000 - 1,500 mile in a year through work obligations.

I think the bike looks stunning and the performance figures look great as well.

Me personally ...... I'm smiling just as wide as he would be on his 7K Prilla on my 2k KTM so I cant see the point of the extra money when there are plenty of clean LC4's for example out there for 2k. Mine is a great condition with very low milage and I dont believe its the only one like this out there.

Any opinions/advice, obviously taking in to account this is a KTM forum.

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
terry950sm has his for sale and it's clean as a whistle.;)

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
^^ What he said

oh and btw, most sxv ers change their oil at 300 miles and some have engine checked out at 3000 miles. Some are good some are bad, Terry950 is a stunning example, if he is serious, he could save himself a lot of money which he could use for bling on Terry's.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
forgot to mention he has a 2009 Aprilia RSV Mille with 700 miles on the clock that he needs to sell or P/X which is probably one of the reasons he is looking at the SXV.

Must admit I'm surprised there has been no backlash for the SXV here, I was a member of a Ducati forum and it was like a pack of dogs on a cat if anybody sung the praises or mentioned Aprilia.

hahaha ....... maybe once the weekends parties wear off .... hahaha

·
Ex 9fiddy sm'er
4,925 Posts
I'd praise the sxv if you want to:
a) ride like a cock EVERYWHERE
b) have shares in Kuwait as it seems to weep oil whenever you stop and if you have the ordacity to turn it off = change the oil and have difficulty starting it again

I'm a bit biased against BMX's (as I ride a mansize bike) but they do seem to be: like a high maintenance stroppy diva rather than; throw it in the garage, forget about it for a couple of weeks then do it all again...

·
The "Flid"
7,208 Posts
These bikes are no good for mechanical numptys, had mine 4 yrs with no issues ... but they require loving :smokin:

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
These bikes are no good for mechanical numptys, had mine 4 yrs with no issues ... but they require loving :smokin:
Started fine after a week of being laid up - no optimate etc:smokin:

Waiting for a dry day to track down the everso slight oil weep;)

oil change no 2 today to:)

·
Registered
7,659 Posts
forgot to mention he has a 2009 Aprilia RSV Mille with 700 miles on the clock that he needs to sell or P/X which is probably one of the reasons he is looking at the SXV.

Must admit I'm surprised there has been no backlash for the SXV here, I was a member of a Ducati forum and it was like a pack of dogs on a cat if anybody sung the praises or mentioned Aprilia.

hahaha ....... maybe once the weekends parties wear off .... hahaha
Not a lot of us biting today. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
Think its all been said before. He'll find out when he walks to the garage and sees smoke billowing out from underneath the door.;)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks like I have managed to talk him out of it as he is now focusing on a Dorsoduro, he initially drooled over a Hyper retard and I told him to look at the Dorso if he had to be that style of bike. I've had 10 Ducati's in my 30 odd years biking, ALL of them had to be pampered and I dont think the retard will be any different.

Just cant swing him over to a KTM for the life of me. I reckon he should punt the RSV and spend £2 - £3 on an LC4 and stick the rest in the bank.

Oh well ...... its his money and different strokes for different folks as they say.

Thanks for the conformation on the negatives I gave him guys.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
isnt it a Shiver engine?

even CTD thought it was slow and gutless:eek:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts