KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have one?
I've been offered on at good money, but does the peak catch the wind?
Is it likely to fly off at speed?
I ride a superduke, so we are not talking stupid speeds... often.

·
Registered
9,881 Posts
ive got an older version of a tour X - the peak will not fly off; it will catch the wind if your going at silly speeds and look up - but why would you want to do that anyway! - i like the looks of mine in black with a dark xiro - but they are a bit noisy so i weal ear plug with mine...not sure if the new ones are better......

·
Registered
927 Posts
I have one and the peak can catch the wind.....if you spend your time looking up for the moon. At legal speeds its OK. If the 'lift' troubles you, you could drill/make some more vents in the peak, the latest ver I think has addressed this with bigger breathers. Overall a damn good hat.

MikeS

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
I've got one , tour X3 and I love it . I don't have the problems of the wind catching the peak the others mention but then I'm on an adventure with a touring screen . Noise !! I don't think it's to bad , I've got an RX7 corsair which is defiantly a lot noisier than the X3 .

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Peak on the 3 is better than the original by far.

What is a good price then? I bought a black Tour-X 3 for £250 from a shop about 3months ago.I thought that was a good price.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've got a Tour-X3. Great lid - wear it a lot.
Noisy? Yes, I need to wear ear plugs everywhere - even though it's probably too late in my case. :frown:
I find the peak can cause an annoying 'thrumming/knocking' at motorway+ speeds on a 990Adv, but only sometimes - you can adjust its angle which helps and wind speed/direction and turbulence from other vehicles makes the biggest difference.
Certainly my favourate full-face option around town (I think open-face are better for local pottering) and for A/B-roads.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Ive got a new one
Very noisy and at speed the shakes and vibrations are like riding with a dildo in your ear

·
Registered
446 Posts
I wear one, i find my ears sticking out of the top more annoying than the peak catching the wind. I dont like the finish on the front side chin vents. they could of finished them off smoother and actually painted them completely rather than leaving some of the shell construction fabric showing. Apart from that its good!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts