KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use them, my dad used to work them and told me they were rated most secure in the country.

Getting a second home by the coast and want to keep a bike over there, thought this might be ideal and maybe provide a small work space too, getting a place with a garage will be nigh on impossible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
Mate has one of these, loves it, is in very good condition still.
Would check if the sea air will void the warranty though

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
I dont know if this is like my metal shed. But my shed wasen`t insulated and in winter it used to be dripping inside with condensation. I bought some Kingspan and fitted it to the inside of the roof and that fixed the issue.
Are these insulated ?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Protection from the Weather and Condensation
Asgard steel motorcycle garages have been cleverly designed with hidden ventilation in the roof, meaning that condensation will be kept to a minimum. This is an important feature because condensation can damage items contained inside a garage. This applies to items which are likely to rot and rust, or electrical items that could be broken by the damp. Further ventilation is courtesy of the large side-mounted vents, helping to maintain airflow inside the garages even when locked.

These sheds and garages are made from galvanised (weatherproof) steel that is coated in polyester powder coat paint, which keeps the wind and the rain out of the shed and your motorcycle clean and dry.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ventilation more important than insulation when it comes to damp

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
In your post it states "Condensation will be kept to a minimum". I suppose it will depend on the climatic conditions of where you`re based.
My metal shed had vents in the wall and eaves and still suffered from condensation dripping from the roof in winter.

Kingspan cured it. Just saying, worth thinking about it.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We put 100mm of insulation in them but they have an integral ventilation system, if the vents are blocked we always get damp problems, if the insulation is comprised you might or might not get problems, just my experience

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
I built my Steel Shed and it was ventilated but not insulated as soon as Temps dropped it was like walking in to the Amazon Rainforest so I lined it out with Polystyrene sheet than thin plywood over the top and kept the Ventilation Vents in place no probs after that still using it now 20 years plus (y)

·
Registered
483 Posts
Ive got an Asguard shed and a cycle locker. I really rate their products, and as has been said, I've lined my shed with 12mm Celotex and 9mm ply kept the ventilation open and all's good. I've also run power to it, but I have earth bonded it to high heaven - just in case................

1 - 18 of 18 Posts