KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi , what do you use and from where please
are the ktm ones up to the job? and some i,ve seen on ebay look a bit suspect
cheers mart:scooter:

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
the ktm ones ive seen after a crash tend to pull the nut through the bung, not good and expencive

·
Registered
101 Posts
I lowsided my 625 SMC with KTM sliders and handguards, the only damage to the bike was a slightly bent gear lever, rear bung was scuffed and handguard scuffed. Absolutely no damage anywhere else on the bike.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nice one crispy , im interested to see what there like , are you using threaded bar type thingy inbetween? were the skateboard wheels from ebay?
cheers mart

·
Registered
7,060 Posts
nice one crispy , im interested to see what there like , are you using threaded bar type thingy inbetween? were the skateboard wheels from ebay?
cheers mart
I'm off into Nottingham today to buy the wheels and then get some big washers to fit inside the wheels and 10mm threaded bar and ny-loc nuts to suit. I'll post up piccies and if I remember take some piccies as a bit of a 'How to' :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
MAke sure you get a hard compound wheel .Soft are for grip and would probably not slide as easy in the event of a spill.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I'll post up piccies and if I remember take some piccies as a bit of a 'How to' :D
That would be great!

Basically I'd bought the KTM ones cos the price was very low but they are still in the box :D I have to short this out..

·
Registered
7,060 Posts
MAke sure you get a hard compound wheel .Soft are for grip and would probably not slide as easy in the event of a spill.
I'm going to try and get some 51mm hard compound wheels. I've just been looking and the front looks straight forward but it's the rear axle where the eccentric adjustable cup is. There is a pretty deep dish to the adjuster and will make fitting the wheel flat a bit tricky.

I'll work it out and post up later.

·
Registered
7,060 Posts
As promised here's some piccies of the homemade-skateboard-wheel axle sliders. They didn't really warrant a 'How to' because the typing of it would actually be more complicated than the sliders themselves. M8 threaded bar for the front and M10 for the rear. All in £18 for the front and rear :D

·
Registered
81 Posts
I had the KTM ones when I dropped my bike when losing the front on sheep shit (yes) at 5mph and not having them would have made no difference whatsoever. Dropping an SMT get very expensive :-(

·
Registered
7,060 Posts
I had the KTM ones when I dropped my bike when losing the front on sheep shit (yes) at 5mph and not having them would have made no difference whatsoever. Dropping an SMT get very expensive :-(
Duly noted......I'll keep away from sheep shit from now on! :D

·
Registered
81 Posts
Good skills !!
I suppose this one's for me? I kinda asked for it :)

There was some local celebration in a small village in the french south Alps to which they invited a herd of sheep (we do that here) - shit everyfookingwhere. Bike 2-3 weeks old, I wasn't used to the brakes, did not think I was riding on shit, a kid on a scooter just crossed the street in front of me. BAM! ABS would have saved me... Or better skills?

Being positive about all this, I did not need to wash the shit off the sliders as they didn't touch the ground :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
No actually it was for crispy for taking the time out and show us his photos and sliders but now you mention it mana ............good skills or should i say not so good !!! LOL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts