KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which back protectors are you using and recommend? Any pros and cons between differing types?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Most jackets come with pockets that you have to buy compatible back protectors for, what are you going to wear it under?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Under myb2 piece leathers, i do have one but its the most basic Alpinestars slip in one.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I used a long Knox back protector under 1 piece leathers for several years which was fine but if you have a pocket in your leathers it will be much more comfortable going with something that fits them properly. Have you looked on Sportsbikeshop’s site to see what options you might have?

·
Registered
10,201 Posts
D30 have a vast choice and really comfortable.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Varies by the kit.

Have the D30 all over my Rukka textiles which for road use is less intrusive. on track in my 1 piece I use a long articulated Dainese protector with a substantial kidney belt too. the Dainese one is designed for riding in and not walking about...

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
The trouble with the ones that go in pockets is they’re usually too short and don’t protect the lower spine. I have a long Knox one that I’ve crashed in and find very comfortable and a newer Forcefield one, both are very good.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I took the pocket pad out and tossed it. Too short and was just a bit of foam.
I've got a Knox back protector in combination with a Knox chest plate. Works very well, i've used it on track, road, dirt and also snowboarding.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Oh yes - I forgot to add I use a Dainese chest plate on track too.. Not great for the Dad dancing, but feels good on the bike.

My Rukka also has a chest protector which zips on/off to get in it - great kit Rukka.

·
Registered
3,681 Posts

I use the Forcefield L2K

·
Registered
208 Posts
+1 on the L2K. A previous Forcefield did its job when I got cartwheeled through a ditch at 60+ on my 990 SD. Never ride without one now

1 - 12 of 12 Posts