KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to start the 950 SM this morning and NOTHING... no lights on the dash or anything...

So i`m guessing the battery is duff as its on a trickle charger which now just shows a RED light :frown:

The battery is "probably" 5 years old ( if its original ) but i have only had the bike 6 months, but do they really fail in this sudden way.... it was fine when i parked it a week ago.....?

Anything else i should check before throwing £50-60 at a battery....:eek:

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
Sounds like your battery is a gonner. KTM's seem to be quite hard on their batteries - both the twins and singles dig very deep into the battery to turn the engine over and start it.

If you plan to keep the bike and don't want hassle - buy the correct spec of replacement battery - prep it properly before installing it on the bike and buy an Optimate and leads.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope, i always leave the kill switch off when parked so its normal for me to flick it on....

Could be a dodgey connection but when i put the full battery charger on it seems to be coming back to life....
Hmm not going to trust that as it seems clear its on the way out....time for a new one....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts