KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
I recently bought a 990 2007 and sounds the battery is going to die soon. Do you have any recommendation in terms of reliability?
Quality = £, so what are the best compromise on the economical aspect?

Thanks in advance
Alessandro

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Personally I'd just make sure it's a sealed battery , i'm not sure if it's worth the £££ for a top premium gel battery?? maybe some-one can comment. I know I got a cheap sealed battery for another bike and when it had fuelling problems it could crank for ages and ages i.e. the battery was very very good.
If you rely on the bike in winter and it's parked outside and/or are going some-where very cold then it's probably worth buying the best battery you can afford.
Check the voltage when you recieve it, if it's below 12 start worrying and/or take it back and I plugged my optimate into mine fo 20hours for a full charge straight from new that may help also. Plus don't leave it flat ever. that damages them.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Probably not cheap but KTM genuine article would most likely be best - usually top notch stuff.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Whatever you do, don't be tempted to go for a cheap 'n' cheerful battery otherwise you may be stranded in Spain for three days en route to Morocco.

Don't ask me how I know, I just know: OK? :redface:

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Get the Yuasa battery but get it from Honda as its cheaper.

Now, NO MORE BATTERY THREADS PLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEAAASSSEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've just bought the Yuasa, in the end I use it for commuting too and I don't want to have any surprise in the morning..

BTW, are such topics indexed somewhere in the forum?

Thanks all

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts