KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to see some race at Mettet circuit this weekend, was local championship races, superbike etc etc.

At the SOS race, monocyl races, this came by...

So took to paddock and had a chat with the owners...did fine btw, scoring a 3th & 4th place in an heavy fought race.

The base is a 690SMR, but they have adjusted some things to fit the RC8 bodywork. The build and fabrication is well tought off.
The SMR provides 80hp at the rear wheel, they have rebuild the fueling with a carburator, they where struggling with the injection. They also have changed the cylinder head, this bike simply outrun everything on the straight line.
They only had issues with braking...the only fitted the 690SMR caliper in combi with a single Beringer front disc...now I also now this will fit the RC8 fork.

The rear swing is that of a 690

Carb instead of efi

steering plate was home made

fuel tank sits under the rear seat.

This baby RC8 actually does fly, its better and more balanced then that Italian one that was posted here a while ago.

Only the braking must be better,things to do next,add second brake disc,get rid of the undertray, buy a sebimoto tophalf and maybe change the clipons with a superbike typo to give more active handling in corners and pushing the bike deeper.
The rest of the grid are mostly rebuild SMX racers with other suspension, they can push deeper in corners with leg out smx style.

Reactions: InfiniteCharlie

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This was the supermotard layout, it has several track layout and it even got a corkscrew

gonna ride there next tue with bikersdays

Reactions: Fat Tony

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
i think this is the motech bike.

Mettet 13 of august as planned

·
Registered
386 Posts
i actually rode on track last week together with this belgian RC4 guy, had a chat with him too. fantastic build of this bike...homemade alu airbox in the front, and alu tank in the seat.

i was on the 990SM...he was rocketing out of corners harder than my 1000 V-twin. on the straights i could overtake him, but not by much (i let him go of course, don't want to be in his way in the corners). he disappeared out of sight after only 2 or 3 corners :D

dream machine.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
looks sweet bet its light as feck!
The Mototech RC4 weighs 120kg & has 89hp.
Would be a fun toy but almost 5000€ for a kit + price of a duke 690

Just a grand more and get a RC8 track for that money :smokin:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts