KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys
just after some advise
i recently chrashed :frown: my 2009 ktm 125 exc an bent the bar and the rear subframe
just wondering what are the best methods of straightening them up just worried about cracking welds on the subframe realy
also i have chipped the lowe fork leg (the shiny bit) and oil is coming out what can i do about it or is it fooked
thanks

·
Premium Member
31,431 Posts
Dont try straightening the bars, gets messy if they break while you are riding it...

Subframe can be tweaked with a scaffold pole and hammered sideways by laying it down so its resting on a stand/block of timber so that bit stays still while you hold a block of timber on the other side and hit it with a big hammer.

Fork leg is fooked by the sound of it. You can buy just the shiney bit, it is threaded onto the bottom.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Chip in lower fork leg....you can sort out using nail varnish or superglue. Clean the chip out, dab in the nail varnish or glue and slowly build up so it's level with the chrome, then carefully smooth off when hard. Like repairing a stone chip in car bodywork. It works.

·
Premium Member
31,431 Posts
Chip in lower fork leg....you can sort out using nail varnish or superglue. Clean the chip out, dab in the nail varnish or glue and slowly build up so it's level with the chrome, then carefully smooth off when hard. Like repairing a stone chip in car bodywork. It works.
Yeah, I did that with my Yamaha AT2. Not tried it since.....

·
Registered
987 Posts
Who's going to lend the fella some nail varnish then :confused: only, not all of us rufty tufty off roaders use it ;) and do you recommend a certain colour :cool:

·
Registered
987 Posts
thank for all the advise i will get to work this weekend
does anyone now a rough price for a fork leg
A little bird told me they are only about £20-£30 form KTM them selves :eek: prob exchange but worth the ask huh? ;)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i thought they would be like 80 each i will look into getting a new one i think
had a look on the internet an couldnt find any might see triple d

·
Registered
109 Posts
FORK TUBE L=237MM 05 Price: £50.64 (Inc VAT at 17.5%)

Not sure if thats the right Part No. though but gives a rough idea, Endurotek will probably give you a good price, good service too ;)

·
Registered
987 Posts
FORK TUBE L=237MM 05 Price: £50.64 (Inc VAT at 17.5%)

Not sure if thats the right Part No. though but gives a rough idea, Endurotek will probably give you a good price, good service too ;)
cheap as ;0) bargain

1 - 12 of 12 Posts