KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a set of pads from DCR as I had read around and found that the 6 pot conventional mount Beringer on my KTM were the same design as the ones used on the 'berg (DCR website says 6 pot beringer and FTE make them under license too?. And because they were significantly cheaper than the Beringer ones.

However, I went to fit them up today in time for Swaffham on Thursday and they seem to be about 1/2mm different. (see photos, no overlap showing on beringer and sliver of copper visible on DCR pad)). The stock one has no pad left but is still a nice sliding fit on the retaining pins where as the ones I bought from DCR overlap the pin holes very slightly.

Have I been mis-informed and bought the wrong part or should these fit and the pads are just not right ( I suspect the former at the moment)?.

If not where do I get relatively economic trackday 6 pot pads in a hurry?

·
Premium Member
31,491 Posts
If they fit OK into the body of the caliper and the friction material is where it should be, enlarge the pin holes on the pad. the pin takes no load, all it does is stop the pads falling out when the brakes are not on.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gotcha, 10 mins with a Dremel and they now fit. Bit poor to be selling stuff like that though. I guess you get what you pay for.

Shanes, sorry posted it on both as I have the bike in bits and just trying to get quickest answer. Was your mate on these DCR pads then?

·
Registered
7,831 Posts
A foot note to this, does anyone know where to get origanol (SP) Beringer 6 pot pads

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Gotcha, 10 mins with a Dremel and they now fit. Bit poor to be selling stuff like that though. I guess you get what you pay for.

Shanes, sorry posted it on both as I have the bike in bits and just trying to get quickest answer. Was your mate on these DCR pads then?

Yes mate he was using those pads its the first time he has used them he has 2 new sets if you want them he will never use them again
you get what you pay for is right , ill be paying for real ones

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyone know the following for Beringer:

-What is the correct torque for the caliper mounting bolts
-I always put thread lock on these mounting bolts on Brembos for the road, should I on Beringers for the track.
-Do race calipers / pads need a wipe of Copper slip on the back or just fit them dry?
-What torque does the mounting pin need for the pads.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts