KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a quote off hastings

£240 TPFT

Who does everybody use so I can get a few quotes together?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
You got your bike then?

Must have been worth the trip. I use CIA insurance, £90 Full comp, for a 200XC but i am an old git !!

Regards

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
On my 2nd year with ebike, 1st insurer that the renewal price was similar to last years instead of a massive increase !

Watch out for bennets do nothing auto re-new, some peeps been shafted with that sneaky move.

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
E bike are cheap but you get what you pay for. I asked to declare some mods and they weren't interested. Didn't call me back after I chased them twice. Cowboys

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
before anyone parts with money to ebike check out a few web reviews on their underwritters Southern Rock (because that's who you will be dealing with if you are unfurtunate enough to have to make a claim) - draw your own conclusions from there

·
Registered
952 Posts
Avoid bennets at all costs!
Auto renew policy stinks!
Friend of mine bought a exc200 and came round to mine to sort insurance out. I ended up putting it on my credit card and he gave me the cash back, a year later I noticed £100 gone of the card and couldn't understand it. Worked it out it was bennetts and they wouldn't talk to me because it wasn't my policy and wouldn't refund my pal either! Must of had 20 phone calls with them! Arggg!!!
Or and if you do ring up to cancel the policy before it auto renews the sting you with a £40 service charge!!!

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
peterg: yea picked it up yesterday, made up with it....long trip but sure its worth it.
Insurance Cowboys everywhere, i tried Doobsons but they only do off road insurance so I cant use my bike on the roads, they quoted me £99.
I'm 24, 1 yrs no claims, 2 convictions (both nearly 3 years old however and not on bike)
£240 + £300 excess with Hastings. Not bad really so I might take it. Insure Wise wanted £260 + £500 excess and that came with £1000 helmet and leathers insurance

·
Registered
4,684 Posts
E-bike or MCE as Bikesure can't touch either as far as quotes go for me. :confused:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've got a simialr problem, my exisitng insurance company werent interesting in doing a multi bike policy when I told them I had a KTM, surely your more likely to kill yourself ona GSXR750!!

Any good suggestions for a 3 bike policy which also include a CX500.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts