KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be the ideal rear sprocket ( both size and quality ) to go with a 16 tooth front? Also who makes the best quality chain? Cheers guys

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Don't know about sprocket size as I'm happy with stock. But chains, buy DID Z-VMX. Don't entertain anything less. With JT sprockets Wemoto do the best deals that I've found.
Bought a set for my 1190 from them for £152 all in.

·
Registered
15,153 Posts
I’ve gone 16/40 from 17/38 stock. This is the best combo I’ve used, it’s just so much better everywhere. I’ve used an orange SITTA £35 and black ESJOT £28 sprockets, SITTA is ally and ESJOT is steel so will last longer.

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Last week I fitted to my Gen 1 Superduke R, JT 16 tooth front. DID ZVM-X chain and a Supersprox 40 tooth rear. All quality stuff.(y)

Can`t believe I`m agreeing with Wazza;) but he`s correct. The gearing now is just better everywhere.

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Gave you started wanking off to David Dickinson yet?
Its only a matter of time.
David Dickinson ???? that Fuckin orange tan puts me off. I`m more of a "Homes under the Hammer" Martin Roberts kind of a guy.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
These seem competitive bought filters from them in the past :)

Cammy how is the new battery doing ❓

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
These seem competitive bought filters from them in the past :)

Cammy how is the new battery doing ❓
Perfect...but its a bit heavy.😂😂😂😂😂

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ended up ordering what was in stock, a super sprox 16 tooth front ( already have a 16 tooth on anyway) and a superssprox 41 tooth aluminium rear.... just the chain to decide on now, seems to be a toss up between a DID or a Tsubaki.....

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
DID Z-VMX
Forget bling, just buy the best.
I had an Ognibene chain snap on my 1190. I was lucky not to have written the crank cases off. I will never use anything other than Z-VMX again.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I’ve gone 16/40 from 17/38 stock. This is the best combo I’ve used, it’s just so much better everywhere. I’ve used an orange SITTA £35 and black ESJOT £28 sprockets, SITTA is ally and ESJOT is steel so will last longer.
Could you explain why is it much better? Thinking to change it myself.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ended up with the Tsubaki Sigma.... and then today I was passing B&C and somehow talked myself into a Whale chain breaker/riveter too.... A shame my sprockets are still in bloody Poland though

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sprockets have arrived!! Hopefully get to fit them after work and get out on it over the weekend. Is it such a massive change over standard? Well, i had a 16 on anyway and that just seemed to make everything smoother and nicer to ride

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Fucks sake, I'm back to being a tit, can't undo the front sprocket, and the sprocket carrier nuts on the rear just keep spinning..... fucking simple be I

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ask me again tomorrow morning 🤦‍♂️🤣🤣 I'll be back at it at 06:00

1 - 20 of 39 Posts