KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, had my 790 on the road now for a few weeks and absolutely loving it.

I want a bit of storage on it. Not a lot, but enough to hold my helmet and gloves securely or taking a bit of shopping home.

Needs to be secure, and not too fugly, but I don’t want to spend silly money either. £200-300 would be better than £500!

SW Motech seem todo a reasonable looking one but I’m not sure if it’s big enough to hold a helmet securely, I.e. if I’m going in to shops etc? Also Kappa seem to have a number of different options.

Also considered a rear seat bag but I’d like to keep the option of pillion, and they don’t seem as secure...

Would welcome any suggestions from the experts! Cheers.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Had a givi trk 46 on my 1190s you need to change the rear rack from memory ,cant remember the cost but i picked up the topbox on Ebay

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks @Raggedy Barbie, I think the gavi and kappa stuff comes from the same manufacturer? The kappa kit seems very good value, for instance the one below is only £89 but seems to come with mounting kit etc, any views on these?

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Go Mainstream like Givi Monolock and it is easy to get another box if you want one bigger / smaller and / or move to another bike later on.

I have a metal Givi Tkekker Outback 2 and the Mrs a V46 Givi, sometimes I chuck her larger one on my bike if I want to be able to stash more kit when out and about, but mostly my 48 is perfect as it will hold helmet, gloves, sat-nav and my small tank bag (handy for phone / water / snack which would otherwise bounce around in top box)

Also check out the SW Racks as you can get different little adapters and fit a range of top boxes to them, used SW Mounts with a mix of SW and Givi boxes in the past.

No top box is all that secure, but compared to hanging your lid over the handlebars it is like Fort Knox, also keeps your stuff out of view.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts