KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the best way to tart up the magnesium casings on the ignition and clutch cover for an exc? Sadly some road riding over the winter has taken it's effect and they look a liitle distressed.
Midway thru a spangly supermoto conversion (from gear4) with new rims, plastics, polished exhaust, etc so seems a shame to have engine casings like a spotty teenagers face.

·
Registered
275 Posts
sand them back to bare metal and use some autosol to chrome them up or remove and paint/powdercoat them

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks very much for all your very useful advice. upon closer inspection they were actually pretty well fried. have filled in the worst bits. sanded down then painted black for now. new ones should arrive soon, which can then be anodised before fitting.

if any of you are familiar with the a and b roads around lincoln you may have heard of bardney bends. trailjunkie i have taken your advice and done just that around bardney bends. several times. each time a little faster than the time before.

·
Registered
275 Posts
whos going to anodize them?

Did some reading up on anodizing and its good stuff, usually the surface toughens up more due to the process

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
know a man that knows a man. i can post how much it cost when i get the work done if you like.

i'm on hols next week, but parts should be delivered while i'm away and treatment should be done shortly after that.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Are the Bardney Bends on the Lincoln to Bardney road, I used to live in Horncastle and was up and down that road loads on my 125 when I hadn't passed my test, has some really superb corners on it?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
On the road between Bardney and Bucknall there are some phenomenal corners. The ride to Bucknall from Lincoln going through Cherry Willingham and Bardney is pretty exceptional. Lots of big black zeds in red triangles all over the place. Although it's quite a short ride it's ideal when I've only got a half hour or so to spare of a morning. To be fair though, Lincoln is blessed with LOTS of amazing "b" roads all round about it.

:scooter:

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not a lot of legal lanes left near Lincoln, that's not to say there aren't ANY, just not a lot and as I wasn't brought up in this area my local knowledge isn't that great yet.
Due to working weekends I have to do my riding on weekdays and usually on my own. We all know it's no fun being stuck on your own in the middle of a 10 foot deep bog with 3 punctures and a bust rad with no mates to help you out, so I'm on the tarmac for now. Must admit I am quite enjoying it so far though!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts