KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I recently got myself a 2004 250 exc, it could do with a tidy up cosmetically and i have looking to get a new graphics kit, but i dont have the stock rad scoops, its got a bigger ktm tank on it, does anywhere sell graphics for the big tanks or will the stock ones fit ok? i have searched but cant find any.

any help much appreciated!

Rick.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Boardman graffixs in Preston, on Ebay as MBX graffixs, will make anything and very good quality too. Speak to him , he will want a paper template off you if he does not have the shape already the put your design on it.

I dont think you will be disappointed, I wasnt when he did ours.

·
Premium Member
31,505 Posts
Is it the big tank with built in shrouds?
You need perforated graphics so the fuel does not bubble them too bad, even so they dont stay on long.

The tank came with just the KTM logo painted on because its difficult to get stickers to stay in place.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did think that, but trouble is the big black lettering of KTM is almost completely gone nowfrom both sides, so looks a bit tatty, do you suppose new graphics and a coat of that fuel proof laquer (cant remember its proper name now) would work out ok??

·
Premium Member
31,505 Posts
Get a mask cut from a decal company and use that to repaint the KTM logo?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah XRrider, when i sprayed up my race bike i used it on the tank, just looked up the name, its petrol resistant laquer. neverhad any paint runs after using it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts