KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed on a couple of runs out that my rc8 has cut out as im riding along today it happened just as i changed down a gear.I pulled over and she started first time of asking.I have had this happen to me once before but put that down to me not having bike long and first v twin i have had or ridden so thought it something i had done but thinking back i was slowing down for traffic lights so probably knocking it down the gears then also.Anyone any ideas what could be causing this

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have noticed on a couple of runs out that my rc8 has cut out as im riding along today it happened just as i changed down a gear.I pulled over and she started first time of asking.I have had this happen to me once before but put that down to me not having bike long and first v twin i have had or ridden so thought it something i had done but thinking back i was slowing down for traffic lights so probably knocking it down the gears then also.Anyone any ideas what could be causing this
That happened to me once when I had my RC8.... Same thing - pulled over expecting the worse but then pressed starter button and all was good!

·
Registered
66 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies guys i don't think it my clutch lever as i can hear it clicking when pulling lever in.When you say you put an akra map on did you have the standard exhaust on as i have a standard exhaust.Going to have a look if it my side stand tomorrow but don't think it is that.It only happened a couple of times on me but it is a bit concerning.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cheers want to switch o2 sensors off really not to bothered about a map at the moment but may get a jester exhaust eventually

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What i mean to say is what do i require to just turn o2 sensors off just the cable mentioned and obviously tuneecu software

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Im hoping to order a jester exhaust next week which map am i best using and hopefully turn the o2 sensors off at the same time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts