KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rang my insurance up the other week to get a quote for my new bike, they told me they wouldn't cover me for the new bike and I'd have to cancel my policy. But as they couldn't cover me, the bloke said they weren't allowed to charge a cancellation fee which is usually £40. This could be handy to know if you want to get out without paying the fee........"I'd like to insure my MV Agusta which has £8000 worth of mods, a race can etc etc......"

"Sorry sir, we can't cover that" so we'll have to cancel the policy :D

This may only work with some companies, but it could be worth a punt :confused:

The broker was Devvitt and the insurer was AXA.

Hope someone benefits from this too :D
Stick some posts up if you get any joy :burnout:

·
Registered
946 Posts
Most insurance companies, not brokers, will allow a proportionate cancellation return premium if they are unable to cover a risk as they are efffectively forcing the cancellation. However, the broker is still entitled to apply their administration charge so if you avoided that, good on ya!

Under normal circumstances, for an insurance company to issue the more favourable refund on an unacceptable risk, they require evidence that you have insured elsewhere. So you would have to provide the policy schedule from the new insurer to prove you are being covered. Otherwise everyone would try that.

MV Augusta with £8,000 of mods? No problem!

Phil

·
My Reality Check bounced
16,646 Posts
ive had with car/van companies, you think your insured with them but if you wana cancel they say right well we keep our finders fee, and admin fee and all other shit i took out a 375 quid policy once and canceled in a month as the car went poop i got refunded just over 200 quid.... as has been said before insurance companies are a fukin scam..........

1 - 3 of 3 Posts