KTM Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,840 Posts
A mate of mine has one on a Yamaha T-Max. He lives in central London and over the last 4 1/2 years the bikes been stolen / recovered ............ wait for it ........ NINE times.

I'm not going to say where he's hidden the Monimoto, but the 'scrotes have yet to find it.

I've since bought several of them myself, not all of which are on motorbikes. Yet to be tested in anger, but nice to have even if it's only for the "comfort" factor.

Incidentally. Year 1 subs included then 32 euro per year after that for the sim card subscription.
9 times? How does he get insurance cover? I have 2 claims running atm, and only 1 company would quote for me pending renewal.

·
Premium Member
6,840 Posts
The tracker looks good.

But, once you know the location of the bike, what do you do if police reaction to this info is less than adequate?

Go round there yourself and risk either personal injury or getting arrested for any effort you might put in to getting your property back? Police say that CPS more than frown at that.

·
Registered
209 Posts
There's the rub.
If the police can't or won't turn out, your best bet is round up as many mates as you can on the way to a baseball game.

·
Registered
504 Posts
You can alter its sensitivity in the "settings" menu (you have to be nearby and bluetooth'ed onto it to do this mind).

I leave my Car / Van / Motorhome on the default, but turn the bike down slightly, seems to work OK

·
Registered
524 Posts
I bought one of these and it arrived today, took 15ms to install.
I set the thing to sensitive so as soon as it’s touched I get a call, works well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
524 Posts
Quick question on the sensitivity, I have it in high as the bike is in the garage, anyway I forgot to take the fob when I moved the bike, anyway I moved the bike out of the garage and it took about 5 mins for the app to ring me and tell me the bike was moved? Well in that time it could be in a van and up the road! Is this a normal time in response?
Does it have to be moved some distance before alarm?, I thought the bump from centre stand and unlocking would be enough?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,840 Posts
I would be interested in this as well. Having looked at a load of youtube 'real world tests', the time it takes to react from being moved to sending the first alert seems to be typically about 5 minutes or so - this does seem a long time to me also - can this be adjusted on the tracker or is it purely down to how quick GIS is working?

·
Premium Member
7,394 Posts

Still going strong, I added a Siren and changed the relay to five pin. Battery life on it is pretty shit, but for the cost its a great bit of kit.

Key on, it text you. Power off and armed it text you, so after a ride there are quite a few texts to delete but no biggy.

·
Premium Member
6,840 Posts
An addition to Charlie Nut productions ...... a plug and play kit for us elecktrickery challenged would be very popular.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Quick question on the sensitivity, I have it in high as the bike is in the garage, anyway I forgot to take the fob when I moved the bike, anyway I moved the bike out of the garage and it took about 5 mins for the app to ring me and tell me the bike was moved? Well in that time it could be in a van and up the road! Is this a normal time in response?
Does it have to be moved some distance before alarm?, I thought the bump from centre stand and unlocking would be enough?
Thanks
I just tested mine, which is set to 'moderate or medium', cant remember the term. Left the key fob in the lounge, went to the garage and took my bike off the side stand then put it back.
My phone went off after 25 seconds.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I just tested mine, which is set to 'moderate or medium', cant remember the term. Left the key fob in the lounge, went to the garage and took my bike off the side stand then put it back.
My phone went off after 25 seconds.
Mine was on medium to start with when I fitted and tested it , I thought it would be quicker on high, but it seemed to be better on medium ! I’ll turn it back to medium and try again.
Thanks owl

·
Registered
71 Posts
TOP TIP - It's worth having a RFID / Faraday pouch ( Car Key Signal Blocker Case Faraday Cage Fob Pouch Key less RFID Blocking Bag | eBay ) type thing to put the key fob in. Use it if you store your keys near to the bike in the house, or if away and say camping next to the bike / in a hotel room with the bike outside the window etc.
The first thing the alarm does is check for this and you don't want it receiving a stray signal from the fob.

·
Premium Member
7,394 Posts
An addition to Charlie Nut productions ...... a plug and play kit for us elecktrickery challenged would be very popular.

Like the look of these, only really any good for Fuel Injected bikes, wire relay to fuel pump. Not really applicable to 950 carbed as the bike will limp if pump is shut off.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I may be in the minority but I've never understood the benefit of a tracker, unless its on an uninsurable bike, the last thing I would wont is my bike or car back after its been used and abused with hidden damage that only becomes apparent days or weeks later. Its not like there's any insurance discount ?

·
Premium Member
7,394 Posts
I may be in the minority but I've never understood the benefit of a tracker, unless its on an uninsurable bike, the last thing I would wont is my bike or car back after its been used and abused with hidden damage that only becomes apparent days or weeks later. Its not like there's any insurance discount ?
Find another low mileage well looked after SE. Run of the mill Jap bike, I'd not bother so I get your point.

·
Premium Member
7,394 Posts
Good for the 990's then!
I'd say give it a wiz, but its a suck it and see. Some of the electronics I get from China, can't believe how good it is for the money other stuff is just junk and ends up in bin. Only thing is doesn't look or say waterproof, one I got is IP* rated and you could wire that the same to fuel pump.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts