KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had stripped down the rear end of my 2007 250 EXC-F; removing the sub-frame and air box.
Now I am rebuilding at and the old grey cells are playing up: I cannot remember how the wiring was routed into the airbox:redface: I need to know how to route the main battery cable, main loom and the rear wiring loom connectors.

Does anyone have a link to any documents that show how this is routed, failing that any photos? Hopefully someone else has done this before and had the sense to take photos before starting...

Thanks all.

·
Premium Member
31,505 Posts
The wiring loom runs along a groove in the airbox, right next to the subframe top rail, then across towards the carb. Real brake switch connector is alongside carb boot, right side of boot.

Cable to starter motor goes down a hole left side of shock top mount, right side of carb boot.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Paul, you're are a star.

What I cannot remember is where all the cables enter the air-box from the front.

Unfortunately, your photo just misses that vital area, but I can see they are all cable-tied to the left hand rear sub-frame rail. That does imply to me that they enter the air-box that side too ?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The wiring loom runs along a groove in the airbox, right next to the subframe top rail, then across towards the carb. Real brake switch connector is alongside carb boot, right side of boot.

Cable to starter motor goes down a hole left side of shock top mount, right side of carb boot.
Thanks Kev.

Looking at Paul's photo, that will be right next to the left side sub-frame top rail ?

I don't have my air-box with me right now to look for the groove, just checking ...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts