KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 640 is in for its service and a few other things (including my new set of graphics from Crispy :D), as my oil was dropped my mate noticed some small metal bits, about 5 or 6, ranging from 1mm to about 4mm, the engine runs smooth, but recently i had a bit of a faf with the clutch cable, snapped twice on 2 different rides, making me have to ride back with no clutch.....could it be something to do with that?

Any help greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
31,399 Posts
Depends how good you are at riding without a clutch :)

Were the 4mm long pieces like long thin slithers? That's the edge of the dogs on the gears.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depends how good you are at riding without a clutch :)

Were the 4mm long pieces like long thin slithers? That's the edge of the dogs on the gears.
Took me a few changes to get the timing right.....but there was a few bad changes.
The largest was 4mm, there was only one of them, the rest (4-5) was tiny...
Does this need sorting right away or is the problem less urgent now the pieces are removed?

Thanks for your help!

·
My Reality Check bounced
16,646 Posts
prolly the cam bearing lol

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
dont worry man............
had my 625 for about 5 years now and every oil change the magnetic sump thing comes out looking like a christmas tree............... just makes the enginge lighter...:eek:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dont worry man............
had my 625 for about 5 years now and every oil change the magnetic sump thing comes out looking like a christmas tree............... just makes the enginge lighter...:eek:

cheers mate lol, think ill just bury my head in the sand, and prob change oil early next time and see what it looks like then, cheers guys

when ive put the crispy stickers on and put the bike back together ill upload some pics!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Figured out what is was. As my bikes the pre 03 640 it has the shite old style bearing, ill replace it with the new roller bearing type and it should be fine, replacing clucth plates while im at it.......although im struggling to get the bearing out atm!

stolen pic....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts