KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jesus what a pain, i cant believe how difficult it is to bleed, the rear brake on my berg, i just lost the brake for no reason so started to investigate, and then filled the reservoir with fresh dot 4 and promptly struggled for the next hour, so any quick fixes from some of the guru's on here (Kev) would be appreciated
many thanks:D

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
A couple of months ago I'd changed my brake fluids on my SX.
I've been trying to bleed the rear brake but with no success.. the brake was the same.. few minutes later I discovered that the nipple was full of dry mud.. :D

Took a piece of wire and cleaned it.. next two minutes the brake fluid change was done.

Check if the nipple is clean ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've been struggling for days trying to bleed my front brake, someone suggested 'backbleeding'

I got the missus to get a syringe from work, filled up with fluid, popped into bleed nipple, loosened off and slowly pumped it in, loads of gurgles and bubbles from reservoir then reservoir overflowed (because I'd put too much in!)

Then bled as normal and all seems good!

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Did mine a few days ago after fitting a longer cable on my sxf to fit lights, what i did was get a syringe with a rubber pipe on the end, empty the res then fill the syring with fluid, crack the bleed nipple, then gentle push brake fluid up until it fills the res, that should be it, but if its still a little spongy pump the lever until you get pressure then crack the nipple (oeer) asoon and the lever or rear brack lever hits the end of its stroke crack the nipple up fast, you may need to do that a few times, i did this to mine but still wasn't happy as i thougt it could be better, i left it over night and in the morning it was solid, talking to a mate he said that can happen sometimes as any air in the system will rise up over night...

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorted it i got a washing up liquid bottle put my breather hose on it from my tank, filled it with dot 4 to about a 3rd full, held it upright so all the air rose as i pumped the pedal and only fluid could be replaced and after about 10 minutes it was fine, but what a pain in the arse, why cant you buy a cap so you can pressurise it like they do with cars, but thanks for all the replys lads muchas gracias !!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts