KTM Owners Forum banner

Bloody leckie sh*t, how do i rip it all off.

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  keef 
#1 ·
Have modded my 03' LC4 sm loads already but now im tired of all its gay leckie stuff on, indys (even led one's):mad: keep falling to bits etc. Im wanting to keep it simple just to have my led rear light a horn and keep the leckie start daytime MOT styleeee, but am mechanical by trade so dont know what to rip off or what to leave on. Im thinking bout tearing it all off and starting fresh which would prob be easier for me. Anyone know what half the the stuff is around the battery, any help would be very much apprieciated, cheers fella's. :confused::)

#3 ·
What clocks do you have?
Are you ditching them too?
Just thinking they might get in the way of the number board, I was looking at that on my bike last night and at the mo can't work out if it will look OK or not.

#5 ·
What clocks do you have?
Are you ditching them too?
Yeah man ditched the speedo a wee while back still looking for something simpler and smaller, a mate recommended a bicycle speedo??

Rear lights and indicators just un plug. Front could be more tricky, let us know how you get on
Yeah thats right, the front is just the same as the rear but I kinda want to get rid of it totally just simplify the wiring ditch whatever relays, fuses etc that I dont need so its all clean.

Leckie shit is pro-gay. :D

#6 ·
If you have the small sort of oval shaped digital clocks they dont get in the way of the number-board at all.

I did exactly the same to mine as the wiring was a complete mess (chaffing etc) and I ripped the alarm out at the same time. It helps being an electrician.

Standard 2005 SMC 625 wiring diagram -

My modded diagram -

I only kept the brake light, horn, electric start, ignition switch, speedo and charging system.

I would also ensure you have a friendly MOT tester!

Andy

EDIT - My mate was taking the piss with the massey ferguson comment when helping me edit it!

#8 ·
If you have the small sort of oval shaped digital clocks they dont get in the way of the number-board at all.

I did exactly the same to mine as the wiring was a complete mess (chaffing etc) and I ripped the alarm out at the same time. It helps being an electrician.

I only kept the brake light, horn, electric start, ignition switch, speedo and charging system.

I would also ensure you have a friendly MOT tester!

Andy

EDIT - My mate was taking the piss with the massey ferguson comment when helping me edit it!
Bloody hell cheers Andy, thats more than what I need should be able to follow the diagrams quite easy, thanks alot for that man, big hugs coming at ya. :D:D

#12 ·
Yeah sure just PM me your email addy.

The colours I have done the wires in on the finished drawing were ones I found on the bike. But on closer inspection of my wiring loom some of the colours were not the same as what the drawing said they should be. Its like they ran out of a certain colour so just used whatever was handy in the factory.

These drawings are ones I did for my bike, the colours are more for clarity aswell. They may differ from bike to bike. You have been warned!

Andy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.