KTM Owners Forum banner
181 - 199 of 199 Posts

·
Administrator
10,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #181 ·
No, it shows the gen 3 is the better bike as its more stable on cold tyres. Must be down to the suspension.

Max - what sag were you running on the front?

·
Registered
316 Posts
From everything I've read, i'd expect the gen3 to be better in the bends on track.

Can't remember my sag settings. The MUPO suspension is performing great as is though.

·
Administrator
10,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #192 ·
Similar. I'd probably go with an under size Lloyd Grossman and an over size Harry Hill.
Yeah, but who was who?

Actually, maybe I don't want to know.

Reactions: Bollocks

·
Administrator
10,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #194 ·
Only very special people get banned.

Reactions: Ms1290sdr

·
Administrator
10,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #197 ·

·
Registered
316 Posts
I know why I crashed at Snetterton. The melted rubber and marbles on the edges of my tyres after session 2 was ridiculous. I never photographed it at the time. However, let that cool and then go back out on track: the moment you start to lean on the first corner it's like ice and you're down. I should have clocked the implications of that amount of tyre edge debris and been super extra cautious until I'd scrubbed it off after 1 or 2 laps. The cold tyre just compounded this issue.

I ride harder than that or of lay-by's on cold tyres on the road without issue, however I'm not carrying melted, cooled marbles on the edges, never no grip issues.

I've got most the bits for the bike. It got off lightly, just a slide. Looking forward to getting back out there, older and wiser I hope....

181 - 199 of 199 Posts