KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Footpegs have given my Tech 3's some hammer.
Local cobblers cant fix, but I was wondering if there's some type of epoxy resin that would be flexible enough to repair.
Anyone any suggestions ?
Thanks

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
"ShoeGoo" - i got some to reattach my crossfire soles. shearch the net for people saying they have built up soles like that.
i wasn't too u#impressed at first as it doesnt have a very high grab ability when pressing parts together. its not cheap andn i thought i'd mucked up. however i used a lot of clamps to hold the sole on until it set and its been great. every other glue i used only lasted one or two rides but this one has lasted fine. even a clobblers glue came off in one ride. apparently you can build it up over time. it sets quite hard but with a little fex to it.

·
Registered
496 Posts
+1 for Shoe Goo. Amazing stuff if you get it right. We stuck my mates ancient MX boots back together with 4 years ago and its still stuck. As RBJ said, clamp it up tight and give it plenty of time to set.
I've not tried building it up in layers, but apparently it does that well too. Originally sold to skaters to repair shoes worn away on tarmac.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
if it need to do a sole again i'll use a stong stretchy thing like a bicyle inner tube to wrap arround the whole boot/shoe to give all over and constant pressure.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Duno if these will be any good to you.
Ive had mountainerering/climbing shoes "overhauled" by them and been well pleased.
They are in chesterfield

feet first - Europe's leading outdoor walking and climbing boot repair service - Feet First
These guys are just up the road from me and they do an excellent job. They re-soled my Tech 8s for me. I got the soles and they did the whole strip and re-stitch job in a few days. Can't remember how much they charged but it was very reasonable and I'm still wearing the same boots every week 3 years later. Fraction of the price of new boots.

·
Registered
702 Posts
how much was the soles tho ,

is it worth cutting losses for a new pair by the time u pay for new soles then the labour cost ?

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Can't remember exactly but I think the whole job cost about £75. The rest of the boots were fine so it was much cheaper than new. Some of the more recent models with the moulded soles have replaceable footpeg sections you can cut out and glue new ones in.

One happy Yorkshire bloke too.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
i resoled a pair of tech 10s recently. new sole inserts were 25 quid and come with the glue to do it. if you follow instructions as per you tube its not a hard job at all.heat is the key.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Shoegoo sort of worked, the edges deteriorated a bit, but still mainly intact.
Dont think a re-sole is possible on the Tech3 as moulded.
Will see how long it lasts

·
Registered
333 Posts
These guys are just up the road from me and they do an excellent job. They re-soled my Tech 8s for me. I got the soles and they did the whole strip and re-stitch job in a few days. Can't remember how much they charged but it was very reasonable and I'm still wearing the same boots every week 3 years later. Fraction of the price of new boots.
I use them for my work boots. Brilliant.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts