KTM Owners Forum banner

81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
15,021 Posts
Thing is, I would happily say a 500 exc, because service intervals for non-racing riding can be as long as you like within reason. But most people will not look beyond what the manual says.
Yep there’s a Kiwi with one with around 120,000km on his, checked the valves twice! And still in spec. Piston replaced twice. Second time after it was stolen in Alice Springs.
Larger tank and cush hub, that would be my choice.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B61dySenK-7/?igshid=1v4r9rrf8g0ws

·
Registered
14,808 Posts
Ah, didn’t read the bit about the OP doing the TET, KTM 500/Husky/Berg 501 it is then . . . Even try and get a 570 Berg 90 degree engine, those things go forever and have got bags of power

·
Registered
1,104 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Good that you've got your money back but FFS mate, a 690 with 25k miles on it? What the fuck did you expect??? They're all lemons anyway, no matter the mileage - the worst and most unreliable bike KTM have ever made.
I'd say it's the one KTM bike that attracts the most mainstream attention, definitely the youngest crowd, especially the SMC, so is the one that gets modded the most by people who don't know what the hell they're doing. And being young, rag the living shite out of them.
Plenty of examples of people riding 690 Enduro's as Adv's, literally thousands of miles, fully loaded, with barely an issue. Youtube/Adv forum.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Too late, it's gone

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Lack of dealer network and any potential issues/delays with warranty claims put me of AJP. Also older generation engine and slightly heavier than 690. They look amazing (seen one at the MCN show few weeks ago) and all reviews says it's a good bike but I am set in a 690.

In other news, the bike that I returned is now back for sale on eBay. Curious to see if he did anything to it.

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

81 - 96 of 96 Posts