KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well on a whim and even though i said i would keep it i sold the RC yesterday and thats despite ordering a can for it. I lost my rag with it twice over the weekend as it stalled on me twice in very awkward situations and nearly pitched me off once. I do regret it already to an extent and i will almost certainly get another at some stage as i change my bikes very often ( on my 3rd 1250 bandit in 12m, had 7 bm gs's and 7 Pans) this forum is a credit to the guys and gal :D that frequent it, i am on a lot of bike forums and this is certainly one of the best with some great characters (you know who you are FB etc :rolleyes:).
I will pop in now and again but as Arnie said "i will be back"

all the best and enjoy the ride no matter what / how you ride or what you wear :D

I am off to see just how a MV Agusta handles :eek:

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Sorry about your woes, just by reading this forum there does seem to be good RC`s and bad ones, I hope you get a good one when you come back.

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
Haha, I did wonder just how long you'd 'put up' with it mate given your bike-change-frequency' :) Hope you get one without issues next time around. I may consider selling mine in 12 months or so - high mileage but well tested and holding up very well :D

Hope you do stick around and join in the banter. Enjoy the MV!

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Probably bump into you again somewhere else then :)

I know of a white Tenere going really cheap with all accesories :)

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
And if you sell it FT, what are you gonna get instead?
I don't think I'll really sell mate - said it was a keeper and I still feel that way at the moment (maybe having taken out the extended warranty helps, lol)

BUT, if I was looking to replace it my list at the moment would be:
Another RC8/R
Norton Commando 961SE
Supermoto of some description

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Probably bump into you again somewhere else then :)

I know of a white Tenere going really cheap with all accesories :)
Hi, Jase, nearly did a deal on a Ten couple of weeks ago, they are still on my list mate. pm me the details you never know:D

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Sorry to see you off BD but it looks like it was inevitable with your track record. see you in here trying to sell an MV in 4 months time ;):rotflmao:

Tone I'd think hard about that Norton m8. If you read my post in the track attack thread, I saw one 3 weeks old pissing out oil, and I'm not convinced it didn't play a role in his crash.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
I saw one 3 weeks old pissing out oil,
those words send a shiver down my spine,lol.
sorry to here your leaving the clan BD, hope you have better luck with the next purchase...

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
I don't think I'll really sell mate - said it was a keeper and I still feel that way at the moment (maybe having taken out the extended warranty helps, lol)

BUT, if I was looking to replace it my list at the moment would be:
Another RC8/R
Norton Commando 961SE
Supermoto of some description
:eek:...a norton commando, really, are u taking the piss. you will be watching heartbeat next....:rotflmao:
to tell you the truth i have been watching and researching norton for a few months, only for there nrv588, if one of these ever comes into production i would seriously think of getting my hands on one. these sound awsome. they remind me of the old moto gp bikes. remember the m1 that biagi rode, very similar sound
clip of one on her if you wanna look.....YouTube - Norton rotary NRV 588

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
oh, i'm not denieing their well made, blinged up and have a fantastic history, but it's a bit like dressing your gran up in a mini skirt and heels......:eek:..:D

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
My gran's 100 next year... she's still got the legs ;)

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
... on my 3rd 1250 bandit in 12m, had 7 bm gs's and 7 Pans ... :eek:
Erm, why? :confused: :confused: :confused:

I've not encountered an ownership pattern anything like that before. I can understand getting bored with a bike and going for something else, but why so many of the same type? And 3 bandits in 12 months (or is that 12 metres? :D ) - do you keep breaking them? Ride 300,000 miles a year? Or perhaps it's just the 'box fresh' thing you're into?

None of my business really, just curious ;)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well the bandit 1250 with a few mods gives awesome bang for bucks, 1st one was a GT bought then enjoyed it for a while then started with the mods, can / screen etc, when i did the screen i noticed all of the wires to the mutiplug for the dash had been cut and taped up (botched) i also noticed it had signs of a drop so i soldered the wires properly and p/x'ed it to a dealer for a new ZZR1400 as it played on my mind the previous owner was a prick. Missed the bike so when i saw another on a forum i bought it, i then spent 3hrs on the runway @ Wooten Bassett on a Sunday looking at a RC8 decided i had to have one, Monday i phoned round and got one with a good deal on my Bandit as p/x. I now have my 3rd which i plan to keep (although i have just spotted some disguised fine scratches on the n/s mirror :eek:) i always say this but only two bikes have done it for me in the last 56 , the Bandit 1250 and the RC8 so i will get another 8 at some stage.

A Few recent ones (post 05):

Honda 7 Pans (4 1100's 3 1300's) 2 x CBR600, 3 x Blades, CBR1000, 2 x Blackbirds, Goldwing 1100
BMW 7 GS's (3 1100's 4 1150's) X Challenge, K100, R1100RS, R100RT
Suzuki 3 Bandit 1250's ( 1 x GT / 2 x 1250SA) 4 Bandit 1200's 1 x 600, GSX1400, K8 Busa, 2 x 400 Burgmans 1 x 650 Burgman, SV650
Triumph's 2x 955 Tigers 1 x 1050 Tiger 1 x 675 Daytona, 1 x Speed Triple 1x Street triple R 1 x 900 Legend, riden all the others ex new Thunderbird
Ducati 1 x S4R 1x 748
Yams 2 x T max scoots, R1 / R6 , New 660 Tenere, XJR1300,6 Yamaha WRF enduros, Diversion 600
1 x Husaberg 501
Kawasaki 1 x ZZR1400, 2 x Ninja 900's, 3 x Ninja 600's, 2 x Ninja 750's
Guzzi California
MV Brutale 989R
KTM RC8
Cagiva 2 x Raptor 1000

some i would have again some i would never touch again, i do have a thing for Pans and GS's and i don't know why, have the same for BMW's and old diesel Mercs but never had any luck with them :D

mmmmmm them 990SMT's look interesting specialy with the free kit offer :eek:
As my local dealer says its a disease and he thinks i should get some pills for it.
Started with a list of 22 bikes to try only 4 left. I am slowing down though

1 - 20 of 20 Posts