KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all l want to see what thoughts are l have a 2018 1290 superduke registered in may of that year bought late last autumn and was SORN l noticed a slight vibration in the discs which is not uncommon l believe.l was leaving it up to my local Ktm dealer but lock down has put that on hold. warranty will be up so guess l will be at the loss or just hope Ktm stand over them. Thanks for your response in advance

·
Registered
101 Posts
The dealer might be open for online sales and workshop with limited people for key workers bike repairs.
At least phone or email to get your issue registered, that way it should be honoured when they open fully again.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Hello & welcome

As @Tmation suggests, at least give them a call. Even if they are not working, but answer the phone, at least you can register the problem with them now and if the warranty runs out in the meantime, they can always check the records in the future, to show when the problem started.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I phoned the dealer to book in the service at the start of March and the soonest I could get was 24th April l told them at the time but of course he would remember that bit of the phone call. I phoned this morning and they are definitely closed l think I will go the email route so there’s a record at least of me reporting it thanks again for help

·
Administrator
8,415 Posts
If they were looking at the issue before the warranty expired I think it should be covered. At least if you had made them aware of it it should be in the system somewhere. Its also a common issue, I had it and they replaced my discs and pads.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts