KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little self indulgence if you will.....

Did Brands Indy on Wednesday, the 2nd time this year, and had a great, hot, knackering day. PaulBi was there on his lovely sounding RC8R with Akra and there was another 08 white with an open Akra who got pulled for it and told he could stay out as long as he short shifted on the main straight (though I'm sure he ignored this as I heard his bike bouncing off the rev limiter.... )
Ducati Pete was there too on his techno superduke, but was having a few probs with his fuelling, as he alluded to previously.

Anyway, I got a few pics and I thought they came out nicely, so here they are..

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
Looking good mate. Glad you didn't make Cadwell, your photos would have put ours to shame, lol

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. It was a good day but knackering. In fact I skipped the last session because I made a few mistakes in the one before cos I was already getting tired so I thought it best to quit while I was ahead.

The calibre of riders was very mixed. I started in the inters and moved to the fast group after lunch. In the inters there were two desmosedicis and it looked like they were still running them in!! Seriously, they were not fast - such a waste. Anyway, the fast group was a lot more serious. Sam Lowes was there helping another rider out as were both Sarah and Steve Jordan, though he blew his bike up going into paddock hill bend.

There was no timing allowed, but I tried to time a few laps using the bikes timer. It must be fairly accurate doing that cos I had a sequence of 3 laps in the 56s and 2 in the 55s. Accurate enough to get a feel for speed anyway. Thing is, I was doing it on the finish line and it really affected my concentration for paddock hill bend - it's amazing, just doing that one extra push, distracted me so much!! Think I might invest in a gps lap timer for the future...

Still wish I had made it to Cadwell.. Next time...... Only got the new leathers last week and am pretty happy with how they look on the pics. Classic ebay deal!!

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
the marshals must of thought you were mad tooting the horn everytime you past start/finish........:D.
the dukes at 45 grand a piece, seriously would you give it some. can't even give the '8' 100%, just not worth it seeing it in bits. cheap track bike for me, though i would be up for a rc8 track meet, sometime this summer. that would be good

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Self indulgence? Aint got a problem with that. But stick stuff like this on Trakk Attakk so it will always be there wheras this may disappear to quick!!!!! For sure looks like you had a good time:D

PLC 360(37)days to go

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Very nice pictures - that suit is great.

Great weather, I fell asleep in my comfy KTM directors chair at lunchtime - red face at work on Thursday!

I've only seen one Desmo go quick, the late Dave Black (owner of FWR tyres) bought his to do track days on! The man was a legend! He couldn't see the point of owning a bike if you wasn't going to use it properly.

My next ride on the superduke could well be a very short one way trip up a ramp into a skip - I am so pissed off with it at the moment!

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Kin Ell Pete. Dave Black (sorry to hear of his demise)Was he not a Duc racer from way back when? If he was I was looking at pics that I have of him only the other day, of him back in the 80's. I think I was in the same race at Brands(he was probably at least 1 lap in front of me)!!!!

PLC 360(37)days to go

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Nice Pics Bonehead, sounds like you had a good one, wish I'd have been able to make it.

Hope the weather sorts itself out for Saturday at Bedford.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I was there on my 'berg. Think I remember you in the early part of the day in inters going pretty quickly. Just a few guys got past and made it stick - you among them.

Sharing a pit with Pete.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That'd make sense.. I was in the Inters in the morning and changed to the fast group the last session before lunch. I don't know about you, but I thought it was a particularly slow (or careful) inters group on this occasion. Lots of people wobbling around..

·
Registered
52 Posts
yeah, I'd agree with that. There was a guy doing regular 55 and a couple of 52 second laps, and a lot of very expensive machines, so fair enough.When your repair bill is £15,000 for a bit of gravel rash, maybe you go a bit slower... Some of the guys who were fast on the straights just got in the way on the corners. Until I brought out my 998 :D

It was good taking a few scalps on the 'berg tho.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
your more likely to crash in the inters than in any other group. i reckon it has something to do with ego...some people who have had sports bikes for years that have never been on track cant bring themselves to go in a so called 'SLOW' group. track knowledge is the key.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts