KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.facebook.com/dylan.williams.921025?fref=gs&__tn__=%2Cdm-R-R&eid=ARAqYC5Qm4q6J8Jr7odxEmAnPmQwxM-7MpGiSVHuc5jKEpxjqb15F9dM6ZVmQROFqag6usu-pFcQkLra&dti=66403244253&hc_location=group
After great consideration and the ever changing situation with the Coronavirus (COVID-19) DDBC have taken the difficult decision to postpone the Brechfa Rally.
We have taken this decision in the interest of the riders and the volunteers that give up their time to run our events.
Refunds will be issued in the coming days, but bear with us as there is a lot to process. The refund will unfortunately be minus an admin fee as some cost have already been incurred.
If you could also share this message with riders that aren't on Facebook. I will be emailing each rider individually but the quicker we can get the information out the better.
DDBC appreciate your understanding on this and we will endeavour to run the Rally at a later date.
Diolch

·
Registered
8,351 Posts
I don’t think that’ll be the last unfortunately. ☹☹☹

·
Registered
442 Posts
I was just thinking the same. I'm hoping to get a sportsman entry in next saturday for my first W2d, but the way things are going god knows whats going to happen.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Can't see it going ahead... as its a bigger event than the other ones that have been cancelled..... And the government have said this virus will probably peak in June ?

·
Registered
42 Posts
This is getting ridiculous now, I 100% agree that we should take extra care of the elderly & the elderly have a duty of care for themselves to use a bit of common sense but for the rest of us we just got to crank on with life at this rate the world is going to be bankrup.

·
Registered
586 Posts
It's not so much about our health... It's about the strain on the emergency services and the NHS etc if large events go ahead.... they are at breaking point now without this virus... Any added problems doesn't help

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can not see the virus spreading whilst we are riding its the scrutineering and signing on even going in the fuel station and paying for your petrol, Might want to operate a strict no kiss of life policy!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ye
It's not so much about our health... It's about the strain on the emergency services and the NHS etc if large events go ahead.... they are at breaking point now without this virus... Any added problems doesn't help
Yes that is a really good point.

·
Premium Member
6,840 Posts
Its not just the 'elderly' that are suffering either. Any age with underlying problems are equally at risk - we don't know the half of it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I was thinking of your reply yesterday & yes you had a very good point, I for one now will give riding bikes a miss for a few months, last thing I want is to put the A&E under any more pressure.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Yeah, I was thinking that I could sneak out on the bike or even go practice trials, but it's not just about the virus, it's also about not risking injury which could put even more pressure on the hospitals. Bit of a shitter as I was looking forward to having a few rides in places I wouldn't normally risk... I'm sure we can all cope for 10-12 weeks.. got to try and use the time to get fitter.

·
Registered
442 Posts
So thats it then, pretty much everything has been cancelled for the forseable future. All Acu and Amca until at least the end of April, and worst of all the W2D, I was looking forward to that!

·
Registered
8,351 Posts
Looks like foreseeable future there’s nothing happening regarding bikes. It’ll be a strange time indeed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts