KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1894 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
None at all. Sure some people voted out due to sound bites they couldn't bothered to research but I doubt it was near the millions of votes to remain in. On the flip side I've found it amusing that some people voted in because they were told Nandos were quitting the UK if we voted out. Some stupid voters on either side but no different to any other vote.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Think we should just get on a deal with it.....fed up with all this divisive mud slinging. If anything it has shown me what a fekin waste of space most of these politicians are (on all sides). As for the EU lot and some of their comments, glad we are leaving now.

I would liked to have seen a larger majority ...either way....I don't like such important decisions made on a slender gap, but hey ho. As my bomb disposal mate says..."deal with the problem in front of you, then move on".

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Tony Blair was on the Daily Politics show this morning. He was surprisingly conciliatory and constructive. He said a pause to draw breath before we launch into Article 50 was perfectly reasonable and it was up to us to initiate the process and not the EU. Bit of a slap down for Mr Junker and his friends. He also said he couldn't see how another referendum on this issue was practicable or reasonable and that the result stands and we should all move forward with it and make it work.
For once, I agree with him.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Think we should just get on a deal with it.....fed up with all this divisive mud slinging.
We are all going to have to ajust to that relative to the number of voters the majority wasn't a big one and any advantage(if any) of going out of Europe will be lost with the civil war that is going to take place in this country.

I've lived in the UK and outside of the EU and if your a buyer of Euro goods or travel its a hassle because there's money to be made by making our lives difficult the insurance companies like so many other importers who will now have a cornered market here in the UK and will charge you what they like just as they did pre EU,the principle of being out of the UK is great but financially we will pay with our pockets for that privilege.

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Ignoring the fucking dumb result......

My biggest worry is that the lying bastards who duped the leave voters haven't got a clue what to do now! They clearly did not expect to win.

A win based upon admitted lies is more than worrying. Interesting to see how it develops once people realise they were fooled.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
We are all going to have to ajust to that relative to the number of voters the majority wasn't a big one and any advantage(if any) of going out of Europe will be lost with the civil war that is going to take place in this country.

I've lived in the UK and outside of the EU and if your a buyer of Euro goods or travel its a hassle because there's money to be made by making our lives difficult the insurance companies like so many other importers who will now have a cornered market here in the UK and will charge you what they like just as they did pre EU,the principle of being out of the UK is great but financially we will pay with our pockets for that privilege.
We haven't gone out of Europe, we have rejected the EU project of the European superstate and it's highly expensive bureaucratic parasites.

And no, none what soever.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
We haven't gone out of Europe, we have rejected the EU project of the European superstate and it's highly expensive bureaucratic parasites.

And no, none what soever.
We are OUT pal have no doubts about that and this being a motorcycle forum life will get more expensive,principle's are great but never cheap forget sending to Tyreleader you'll paying £300+ a pop for a pair of tyres 5 years from now from UK suppliers because you'll have no choice hence why all the bike trade I deal have been busting a gut to leave Europe.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
I just hope Europe respect your decision and don't get nasty, vindictive etc.
Junker and may of his fellow Commissioners would love to be vindictive. They are not democratically elected and they are authoritarian and accustomed to getting their way. But they are not Europe. They are not even the EU. Europe is people. It is businesses, it is consumers, employers, workers and politicians who are elected and have to answer to their electorates. They are the people who have the real relationship with the UK and they will expect it to continue. They will not allow their interests to be harmed just to appease the vanity of a few Commissioners.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
There's no point discussing it further as the decision has been made and no one decreed that the voting was going to be best of 3, 5 or 25.

I would like to see all the main players on both sides go on holiday for a fortnight whilst the result sinks in here and abroad. Let the markets settle down too, up or down.

1 - 20 of 1894 Posts