KTM Owners Forum banner

1881 - 1894 of 1894 Posts

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Brexit is an elaborate rouse to distract you from the government ruling like In The Thick of It Live.... and privatising things off slyly in the background, in between trying to bumble their way (or are they?) out of Europe.

I pretty much stopped watching the news when I left Poundland 4yrs ago and I’ve never been happier... I worry about work, if I’ll have my bikes ready for the weekend, walking the dogs and mostly just spend the week catching up with the weekend’s bike racing, UFC/boxing and when that runs out watching something funny/entertaining on catch up TV.

[email protected] Brexit, [email protected] the news, concentrate on [email protected] the Mrs instead, or go out and get in about your bikes. More important things to worry about than all that pish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,603 Posts
Too many dangerous beasties though... I’d be scared one of them would kill my dogs... NZ for me, only sheep...

....and possums.
But they are all flat. Must have seen a few hundred in the four weeks we were there but all flat dead road kill.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
NZ rivers are full of large and very aggressive eels that attack humans.

Aus is safer. Take a jar of Tiger Balm. Cures everything, from mosquito to crocodile bites.

·
Registered
6,603 Posts
There is probably nowhere that is permanently and totally great, no matter how much money you have.
Your life of misery would be more comfortable but everywhere has its downsides.
It beats me why the Uber-rich want to live in Monaco or a tiny island where you always have to fly or sail to go anywhere.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
If only I had a few million.....now where would I retire.....
Wales...

Just had weekend in Caernafon, lovely place.. Weekend free bus service..Free proscriptions... Great roads..Great walks and climbs..Great places to eat like the Sea Shanty on Angelsey or the Black boy in Caernafon... Been to a few welsh coast towns recently and all very nice indeed.

and, I reckon they love the English really. ;)

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Isn’t it freezing 9 months of the year?
And wet.... Anglesey sees more seasons in a day than the west of Scotland.... spent a lot of long stints down there working at the nuclear plant. Lovely part of the world (Wales in general) but they’ve got weather that would make a west of Scotlander wince.

1881 - 1894 of 1894 Posts