KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
I shall be touring round a bit.
I've accidently entered in the O40s (as I'm over 40) but I found out last week that they're the old experts. First clubmen through were like 'get outa the way slow [email protected]@rd'. :dozey:
At least I get a head start:burp:

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
im doing it and backflip king too. common mistake that, going in the over 40s.as you say lots of them are ex top riders but i think the brinks is more about fun than anything else . did it last year and decided its one to do every year as its a fantastic venue and well run.good luck to you guys.

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
i'm marshalling the event be prepared for me to direct you into all the shit lol

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
come on boys , how did you all do ?i managed a 7th in clubmen open which im happy with as i was a victim of the bog s twice for about 5 mins each time and i failed on the extreme hill once. backflip king boiled his mighty 300 on the first lap as he lost his coolant so did the decent thing and spent the rest of the day with my lad pulling people out of the bogs and pointing out the best lines (most of the time!). dylan who posts on here occasionally got a 5th in clubmen open too so congrats to him.

·
Registered
288 Posts
My claim to fame. Holeshot the O40B start. How cool was that??? (sh1t meself:eek:. Where's everbody gone?:confused:)
Backed it up the first climb and selected reverse from there:dozey:
Didn't come last:smokin:.
Job done

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
brinks

i fooked up big style.. got to event early put bike on 2 nd row best prepaired and all that experts go all ready whistle is blown hit the magic shes up hit 3rd and we are fly up the first straight holeshot completed inclubman open thinking to my self go for the logs found still in frontas i get to the logs straight over johnny is flying down big dropp off nice and steady still infront got stuck in a bog for a few seconds no problem.. keeping calm nxt to the next hard section ccouple waiting straight up made a few places up heading back to start straight a kxf comes past takes a jump i think i can do that... its a big en as i take of thinking keep it level lands level this is where it goes tits up as i land she bottoms out i hear a loud crackstraight awayi am inmassive pain limp it back to pit area tell owen i am done back at me van a pal gets st johns who were brill straight to macc A and E WAITED 7HRS turns out ive broken tib and fib and bits of bones in me ankle . been operated on this afternoon in cast for 6 to 8 weks bingo theres my tail of brinks 2010

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
thats a bad do johnny. hope all goes well for you. were you talking to me on the line about trail riding from foolow? sounds like you would have had a good ride if not for your little mishap. i started well too and was second into the first corner but never did the logs as they said it only saved 15 secs but i did the extreme hill every time as that saved a lot longer, saw loads of riders have a half hearted attempt at the first log then jump onto the m.x course that saved loads of time. cheating tossers!hope all goes well for your op and get well soon.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I helped setup the course on the Saturday before the Race. It was 9.5 miles long and quite a good test even though it was dry this year. Some of the bogs were a bit fruity and the bridges that were built were proper slippy.

Some photo's here that I took during the race. If anyone wants any of the originals just get in touch and I will email them over. http://s913.photobucket.com/albums/ac331/oggym17/M17%20Brinks%202010/

1 - 13 of 13 Posts