KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there we were, a beautiful Saturday afternoon of glorious spring sunshine; after hours of faffing getting kit on, getting the bikes fuelled and sorted and we headed off for the trails. We get to just outside the town centre and my 250 Racing goes pop and I loose all power. So we pull into a layby and try and kick it over and after much swearing it starts and we head for home.

Pull up to a junction, let the clutch out and it stalls. Much swearing, more faffing and head scratching later and my other half decides to head back into town and go borrow a van from a mate. Ten minutes out from me and he notices a flat front tyre!!! But manages to wheelie the remaining 6 miles home!

Long story short (after even more swearing and head scratching) and the whole incident was caused by a valve nut coming off, getting jammed in the cam chain and the resulting sieze broke the other arm on the rocker!!!

·
Premium Member
31,405 Posts
Probably bent the valve as well?

Check that the camchain tensioner is OK as that would have taken a knock.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Hi,

Something similar happened to e a couple of years ago at the bike show. The last picture sent a shiver down my spine,it went through my engine casing as well. The joys of four stroke engines. The rocker arm is suprisingly expensive about 70 quid if my memory is right.

Alan.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts