KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people,

I know very little on how to do what I want to do regards to putting together a 2nd hand ec 300

I'm making videos to entertain others and myself during the build

Any help would be great in the weeks to come

Here is the link to my 1st episode of the Gas Gas Ec 300 Build Series

Enjoy

https://youtu.be/aMTOXVhyikI

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi people,

I know very little on how to do what I want to do regards to putting together a 2nd hand ec 300

I'm making videos to entertain others and myself during the build

Any help would be great in the weeks to come

Here is the link to my 1st episode of the Gas Gas Ec 300 Build Series

Enjoy

https://youtu.be/aMTOXVhyikI

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looked like they were in when you sand blasted.
Thanks for replying. No there not in all will become clear in episode 2 out tomorrow hopefully.

You seem like a techy guy where does the top of the rear suspension mount?

Thanks in advance

I know nothing John snow

·
Premium Member
9,607 Posts
Thanks for replying. No there not in all will become clear in episode 2 out tomorrow hopefully.

Thanks in advance

I know nothing John snow
Frame....no nothing about the 300, without seeing it.....Someone else will chime in. If not post some photos.

·
Registered
6,207 Posts

Thanks in advance

I know nothing John snow
Go to 2.24 of your video and look to the right hand side of the picture. There are 2 mounting points. One for the subframe and one centrally mounted bracket, I think that's where the top of the shock connects to the frame.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Go to 2.24 of your video and look to the right hand side of the picture. There are 2 mounting points. One for the subframe and one centrally mounted bracket, I think that's where the top of the shock connects to the frame.
Oh yes I see where you mean. I will have a look in the morning. I need to buy a frame bolt kit but don't know where from any ideas ? Also long shot but I also need a washer, thrust washers I think theye are called or setting washer 22.4x36x0.7 I've searched and no result any clues would be helpful

Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Premium Member
9,607 Posts

Thanks in advance

I know nothing John snow
Yep, its clear you painted them...;) The two head bearing come in 3 parts each, seal, bearing and cup, sometimes protector covers/caps, so six or eight parts . The cups are an interference fit in the head stock. There are two, one top and bottom, did you remove them before sand blasting and replace them before you painted the frame?

They'll be fooked in a few miles if you didn't, paint in bearings isn't good either....its a consumable so not the end of world. Google packing roller bearings with grease, it may sound anal but for bearings that don't fully rotate its more important to make sure they are fully loaded.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yep, its clear you painted them...;) The two head bearing come in 3 parts each, seal, bearing and cup, sometimes protector covers/caps, so six or eight parts . The cups are an interference fit in the head stock. There are two, one top and bottom, did you remove them before sand blasting and replace them before you painted the frame?

They'll be fooked in a few miles if you didn't, paint in bearings isn't good either....its a consumable so not the end of world. Google packing roller bearings with grease, it may sound anal but for bearings that don't fully rotate its more important to make sure they are fully loaded.
Sorry I don't follow, in the episode I clean the frame out and install bearings seals etc. I pack the bearings with grease it's clear that I do. I may not be understanding what you are saying

Thanks for the comment though

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just thinking on do you mean inside the frame not the parts actually inside the tube shall we say? If so yes that was sandblasted and painted. Is that cause me a problem ? do I need to do anything ? Do I fill the full tube with grease? Lol I've clearly never done this before

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
The outer race of the upper and lower headstock bearing is pressed into the head stock of the frame. They won't just come out, they need to be knocked out with a drift through the headstock tube. There could also be an inner race pressed onto the fork stem (it's not a not steering column). Always good to use a bit of heat and your freezer when fitting bearings (including linkage and swing arm bearings).

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.