KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
ive just had similar. Took a £200 deposit on my RC8R. he's sent me photos of his utility bills etc and i don the same. With a photo of V5 and my driving license. (blanked my DOB and license number) i don't see any harm in V5 photo as it states having V5 don't prove owership. Anyway he is transferring rest of cash today and courier collects tomorrow. I've made clear i want to see funds cleared before end of today if not there is not point the courier coming tomorrow. Seems ligit but i'm nervous until i have all the money and bike handed over
I know the feeling, sad times when you have to be so careful not to be screwed over. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Is also the buyer being trusting - he's forked out £500 plus the cost of a courier. I don't think I would have done that but it is sad that there are so many scum bags around that you need to think about things.

·
Administrator
9,715 Posts
Have you had your teeth done, they look well reem.

·
Administrator
9,715 Posts
Reactions: WazzaDuke33

·
Registered
9 Posts
for sure dealers can charge ownership using just the V5 number, I am not sure whether that requires a special "trusted" status or whether anybody could do the same. I'd suppose no, or we would be hearing a lot of this.

·
Registered
9 Posts
When selling a bike I give them post code to local petrol station and I want pic of driving licence beforehand..... I go round on bike and show them .... if they buy I take them back to mine ......I ain't giving nobody my address ...decent people always understand that
interesting. what do you do about going for a test ride?

·
Registered
11,089 Posts
Was looking for a bit of advice.

I have agreed a sale through eBay and the buyer has left a £500 deposit.

Hes now requesting a picture of the v5 to make sure the address matches the one bike courier is going to.

I can't help but feel uneasy about sending a picture of my logbook can I be scammed?

Anyone with experience of this?

Thanks.
It'll be wazza, tell him to sling his hook.

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
21 - 34 of 34 Posts