KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has bought anything from China post Brexit
wondering how much I could get charged.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
No change. There was no trade deal with China when we were in the EU, and there's no UK/China trade deal today. You have to import something to the value of 130 quid or something like that before you have to pay customs.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Everything you buy is made in China.

They consume more steel than the rest of the planet combined. That’s staggering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1290 Superduke R
697 Posts
It's hard to avoid Chinese products, but we can certainly drastically reduce the amount we buy off them. You have to start somewhere. If people demand non-Chinese products the market will respond. I believe everyone in the free world has a moral duty to do all they can to put these cunts out of business.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I know.. and initially I stopped buying from China (on ebay), but then you just end up buying from China anyway via some UK address so you may as well buy direct a save a few quid... I have cut back a bit though.

Just wondering if anyone has bought anything from China post Brexit
wondering how much I could get charged.
Only difference now is the low value exemption has been removed so VAT will be added to every purchase, and VAT + Duty to the higher value stuff.
(It use to be no VAT below £14'ish).

The good thing is the VAT is collected at the time of purchase so you don't have to pay Royal Mail a handling fee, that is unless Duty is due.

Duty

Any goods under £135No charge
Gifts worth £135-£6302.5% (lower for some goods)
Gifts above £630 and any other goods above £135Depends on the type of goods and country of export. Check the HS code of goods to get the exact rate.

·
Registered
7,417 Posts
Some of their recycled steel is so bad you can still see the remains of nuts and bolts in their non-structural steel (gate posts etc).

·
Registered
9 Posts
How long ago was it when the same thing was said about Japan?

It's hard to avoid Chinese products, but we can certainly drastically reduce the amount we buy off them. You have to start somewhere. If people demand non-Chinese products the market will respond. I believe everyone in the free world has a moral duty to do all they can to put these cunts out of business.

·
Registered
11,089 Posts
More like Hong Kong, and that was probably made in China with a sticker. Deceit is their middle name.

I'd rather those that want their shit products keep buying it. If you starve them of trade, the fuckers will start emigrating.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts