KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning chaps,

First things first.....Hello, the name is Neil! I just joined and don't know much about KTM's and the whole supermoto thing, my back ground is on racebikes on track, I fancy a change as I kinda screwed my back up on track and need a break from them, or so the Dr says anyway, this is why I am here.

So, I am after getting some info of you guys to what the KTM's are like to use daily as a commute, through the winter period and what sort of common problems to look out for on the 4 strokes. I am currently looking at the 525 exc or some sort of Supermoto type KTM ranging from 500s to 660s, if you have one for sale, let me know. Got a few grand to spend. ;)

Thanks!

·
Registered
599 Posts
Welcome to the mad house.

It will all depend on how far your commute is. The RFS (525/52/450/560) motors do need more attention and servicing that the LC4(625/640/660/690) engines.

I do have both a RFS 450SMR and a 690SMC. The RFS need a oil change every 200-300miles, and I do filters after every 2 oil changes. My 690 has got about 3000 miles service intervals, but being a single I do change the oil every 1000 miles or so.

RFS bikes are more track oriented supermoto's. LC4 more laid back and a bit heavier, so better for the commute. My suggestion is get both:D

PS: My 450SMR is for sale:redface:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info!

200-300 mile oil change, that is pretty crazy. OK, tell us a bit about your 450. ;)

Also, I will take a peek at the 600s in that case, if they are better for a commute etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts