KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and me number 1 son are on your beautifull island to potentially purchase a fine example of an EXC125. Can you guys recommend anywhere to stay for the night?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DOOH! we'll b there one night on Saturday 19th. Plc? I'd love to see all those 8s lined up together, are they like.....everywhere?

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
pm sent and by the way who you calling old????

PLC(young in the head)

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
what you using it for? Road bike? Remember you'll have to pay the VAT on it too. Those bikes are fast as fuck!! I had one at 16 and will get another one one day when i have the spare wedge.

:scooter:

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Nice to have met up with part of the Irish massive.

PLC (The Guernsy Massive)

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Not as big as the Yorkshire Massif, well that's when we can all meet on the same night and same location!!!!:smokin:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well we made our way to Guernsey from Jersey and met up with Marcio Reis, ten minutes later we were on the road with this........

Dropped back to the guesthouse and hopped in a taxi and met up with a couple of people off the KTM forum and seriously abused their hospitality (thanks Pete and co, lovely people and “what a garage!”) we tried to get something to eat in St Peter Port. We failed but ended up in the town house.......very funny night. These two were absolutely larious but we left them down at the last minute (they were ejected for being toooo funny) .....SORRY?

This is Toms other “beast” he let me have for the few days. Perfect!

After reading an article in Bike about the KTM 690 I spoke to Owen in Bikers Jersey and he let me take the demo bike for a spin (killin time as Tom was at work). The motor was more than you’d expect from a big single and the brakes/chassis were great, stable and solid in the twisties. I could provoke the back to step out but the front kept the grip with those great WP forks. Thanks again Owen (Pebble35).

Out at St Catherine’s I came across this cool lookin Suzuki GT750 kettle.

Wish I was there this weekend......Thanks again PLC and mi casa es su casa when u want to try some twisties round these parts ;)

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
After reading an article in Bike about the KTM 690 I spoke to Owen in Bikers Jersey and he let me take the demo bike for a spin (killin time as Tom was at work). The motor was more than you’d expect from a big single and the brakes/chassis were great, stable and solid in the twisties. I could provoke the back to step out but the front kept the grip with those great WP forks. Thanks again Owen (Pebble35).

Out at St Catherine’s I came across this cool lookin Suzuki GT750 kettle.

Wish I was there this weekend......Thanks again PLC and mi casa es su casa when u want to try some twisties round these parts ;)
Glad you liked the 690 and hoped you enjoyed the Island !

The Kettle belongs to one of our customers. He owned it new way back in about 1976 but sold it a few years later. Last year he went to look at a pristine restored GT 750 as he was thinking of 'reliving' his youth but when he went to see it he could not negotiate the price down to a sensible level. But the seller offered him a 'basket case' he had got hold of for spares - and it was the customers bike from back in 1976............It was rapidly purchased and built into the bike you saw over a period of about 6 months.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
what you using it for? Road bike? Remember you'll have to pay the VAT on it too. Those bikes are fast as fuck!! I had one at 16 and will get another one one day when i have the spare wedge.

:scooter:
Are they hot on the VAT lark in Guernsey ?? or is it just going back to Portsmouth is the problem ?? thinking of a large purchase there BUT without the VAT if poss

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I think Wobbly 34 1/2 will be along in a bit to tell you more but as I see it turn up in a van, load up what u want into it, pay the man and off you go.

However, how you get it into the UK is your problem:rolleyes:

PLC

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
I think Wobbly 34 1/2 will be along in a bit to tell you more but as I see it turn up in a van, load up what u want into it, pay the man and off you go.

However, how you get it into the UK is your problem:rolleyes:

PLC
No VAT is due on the purchase of the bike. BUT VAT is due on import to the UK. This is at the rate of 20% based upon the 'invoice' price (or market value if Customs feel the 'invoice' does not reflect the true value).

Of course you could just behave like a visitor to the UK and ride the bike on the ferry in Guernsey and then off the ferry in the UK and ride it home. But you will not be able to register it in the UK until you can satisfy DVLA that the VAT due has been paid.

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
I think it works for powerparts just a little bit better :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts