KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone help,
I'm after a cam tensioner for excf250 2012,
having major issues with mine, replaced it with a standard one, still rattling and jumped a tooth luckily no major damage, so have heard about dirt tricks, but cant source one from uk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did see this, but checking fitment and dosent seem to cover my bike, I did want to get a manual one as have had on previous bikes, but wen I search the results never fit 2012/13 model, struggling lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rang as3 couple of weeks ago, and they confirmed they dont produce one for my bike, as I say struggling

·
Registered
512 Posts
I had a dirt tricks in my 2010 250f, and thats not listed on adventure spec either, but it certainly used to be. I'm sure someone will correct me If I'm wrong, but I think the EXCf 250 is the same engine as a '11 SXF, the enduro bikes tend to lag behind the MX bikes by a year. Which should put it as a Style 1. I've had a quick look on a parts diagram, and the engines seem the same for a '12 EXCf and a '11 SXf. Hopefully someone can confirm it for you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks that's useful, I have had a little look at different yrs of the model, and know the cam tensioner cap is different part no, but haven't checked against the sxf, I did check for other issues such as oil pressure, but no leaks or loss of oil, but not looked at the cam chain, it's done 210 hrs,

·
Premium Member
7,906 Posts
Might well be the chain. I had one on a 400 exc that was goosed at similar hrs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
have checked part numbers for oem cam tensioner, and cam tensioner end cap, between the 2012/13 excf and the 2012 sxf, both exactly the same numbers and can get a manual tensioner from as3 for the sxf. confusing why it's not listed

·
Registered
512 Posts
Be careful just checking the numbers of the tensioner itself, I'm pretty sure its the same number for all the 4 strokes for years and years. The difference with the Dirt tricks one is its got a ridge part way up the body to hold it in place, and its in a different place on the style 1 and 2.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
makes sense, I was wondering if that is the difference between models, in the depth of how far it is machined into the head

1 - 13 of 13 Posts