KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.wtra.co.uk/cambrian.htm

Lets get a thread going for the Cambrian, entry form isn't up yet but it's not far away and we'll need to sort camping etc again, not sure what the local sites are going to be for this one.

I think I'm good to say if your planning on coming and haven't done one before, after our experience at the Beacons it's going to be doable on the bigger bikes (and with style :D) but plan for the worst and get some proper off road tyres on and it will be much more fun, your going to find it very hard going on TKC's and the like if it's wet which it properly will be.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
I think I'm good to say if your planning on coming and haven't done one before, after our experience at the Beacons it's going to be doable on the bigger bikes (and with style :D) but plan for the worst and get some proper off road tyres on and it will be much more fun, your going to find it very hard going on TKC's and the like if it's wet which it properly will be.
Regs are up now.

I'll second what Mark said about TKCs - they were what let me down (or rather stopped me getting up :redface:) on the Beacons Rally.

It's October, it's Wales, it's going to be wet and horrible, B&Bs are going to book up quickly.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
I'll be there marshalling again. (i will do anything for a Free minted lamb burger :D
As per last year, I will be on Scorps :eek: Still managed it though, all be it a lot slower than race pace and a few major slides on them Forest roads---was like riding on Marbles at times :eek::D

·
Registered
22 Posts
The Cambrian it is !
Tkc's will get you through it ok, but for more confidence in the corners stick a regular enduro tyre on the front !
and maybe if you can afford it, a michelin desert on the back ! rrp £85 ish nowadays !
Camping in Llandovery is best !
Good luck !

·
Registered
90 Posts
Got the regs and entry sorted today.The shoulder is recovering well,went back to work today.Tyre choice is not a problem for me,its the bloody trees in the forest(keep hitting them).Should be a good weekend with there being an entry for sidecars,might be an idea to fit one to the 640,means no falling over.Look forward to seeing all from the forum again.

cheers Phill

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got the regs and entry sorted today.The shoulder is recovering well,went back to work today.Tyre choice is not a problem for me,its the bloody trees in the forest(keep hitting them).Should be a good weekend with there being an entry for sidecars,might be an idea to fit one to the 640,means no falling over.Look forward to seeing all from the forum again.
cheers Phill
Hope the shoulder holds up, I've dislocated mine 3 times each side, but not from the bike (yet!) it's bloody painful! I would pay good money for you to turn up on the adventure with a side car :D

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Cambrian it is !
Tkc's will get you through it ok, but for more confidence in the corners stick a regular enduro tyre on the front !
and maybe if you can afford it, a michelin desert on the back ! rrp £85 ish nowadays !
Camping in Llandovery is best !
Good luck !
Is that booking into the Rugby Club again if it's Llandovery ? well done on the placing in the Beacons!

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
I've got my half-day booked so just need to decide which bike to use...

I don't mind coordinating entries if any of us want to ride together.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Based on my experience of the Ryedale I would recommend team entries.

If it works the same as the Ryedale you will be set off together in your team of three at every stage. We managed to stay together the whole two days meaning where assitance was required - we were able to help each other.

It is quite comforting knowing you have team mates with you rather than someone who just might not stop to help.

It also helps with the team spirit keeping you going. I am sure at times on the Ryedale had I been on my own I may not have kept going as I did. Ride on your own and there is only you to let down - ride as part of a team and there's three of ya :D

Get some teams together.

Pete

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Time Team

Members - joneswgareth - Sub 30yr old, big hair, big sideburns, and an overwhelming desire to beat Bravado Turd Zero or whatever they are called

Who else wants to join me? - You must also of course be a riding God and able to pick up a fully laden ADV on your own if need be.

Whats the catch? - you will need to fill out my application form for me as I'm abroad for 2 weeks.

Gav, Shep, Rob You are going down

So.......let the bidding commence

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Who else wants to join me? - You must also of course be a riding God and able to pick up a fully laden ADV on your own if need be.
...and equally modest :rolleyes:

I meet the second criterion - I had to do it umpteen times at the Beacons. Might use the 250 this time, although the course is suitable for sidecars, so it can't be all that technical.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Time Team

Members - joneswgareth - Sub 30yr old, big hair, big sideburns, and an overwhelming desire to beat Bravado Turd Zero or whatever they are called

Gav, Shep, Rob You are going down

Now then .......... where did all this fighting talk come from? Mmmmmm lemme think - ahh yes - I wouldn't let you join Team bravo Two Zero :rolleyes:

Now at the time I said it was because the team was full ........ but really it's beacuse you just aren't up to it mate ;):D

I hope you manage to recruit some good team members - cos you're gonna need them boyo :smokin:

Don't forget you sideburn wearing riding god - I've got your shiny new back tyre stored in my garage and the storage charges are goin up daily ;)

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Time Team

Members - joneswgareth - Submissive 30yr old, big hair, big sideburns, and an overwhelming desire to emulate the heroic Bravo Two Zero team.
Who else wants to join me? - You must also of course be a riding God and able to pick up my fully laden ADV when I drop it which is often.

Whats the catch? - you will need to fill out my application form for me 'cos I'm an ill, -illterate, li, can't spell Welsh numpty and I'm abroad for 2 weeks.

Gav, Shep, Rob You are going down to the Pub and I'm paying

Thanks Gareth

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Il buy a round to the biggest looser - what you having then Pete?

Ok ok, so Gordo is on board - also trained by Patsy Quick - il have to rely on my natural ability to get round!

We still need another - maybe there should be a vetting procedure. Or maybe I should go on my own and smoke all of ya'll! Il teach you to turn me down!

1 - 20 of 144 Posts