KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
Yup, lost mine more than once.

Firstly after doing not terribly well at Racing, then realising my heart wasn't in trackdays...

How did i find it... i bought a 916 again... bikes are not tools, not functional items, they are PASSION... they are ownership, pride...

It's why i've recently gone back to a Superduke from the Yamxt660x, it's why i look at pics of my bike and think "FUCK YEAH! " or when i ride it it makes me smirk, even when going slow.. (which i try not to do very often).

Find the bike that stirs your passion... the rest will follow.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Some stunning weather and a fantastic isolated bike route does the job for me. If there is a stop off with some great scenery then that makes it all the better. Might sound stupid but sometimes i hate living in this country but if im parked up on top of a big hill looking over the lake district of something and it all feels better.........until i get my pay slip and see how much it costs me to live in this country. Only joking......go UK and all that!

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
Yep, it comes and goes! always a biker inside but hardly get to ride anymore (the fur lined rut of overseas working!) best remedy I find is something simple, cheap dirt bike and go nuts off road always comes back in a flash!

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
i think ur fooked.. When i lost interest in bikes once, i bought a VOR sm503! New lease of life, and progressed through a rake of bikes till i got to here, with the sm990.. Not exactly the bike i want (an smc 690 with the power of the 990 and reliability of honda 50 wud be great!) but pretty sweet all the same!

You have two of the best bikes around at the mo and you're still not happy.. Is there any bikes out there that could top havin an sm950 AND a sxv?? Think ya could be lookin a while...

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
Ride Cadwell, your mojo will return
Just made mine bigger haha. everyone losses it. Sometimes i dont ride mine for a few weeks. Then some weeks ill go and chase me mate on his blade and you end up going out everynight. MX does it for me as well. There's always ups and downs to anything. I've just got in from a lap of the island and im still smiling ear to ear. Warm clean roads (we had heavy rain yesterday) that stick like fook, awesome:D

It'll be back. Good to have a few hobbies, keeps ya heart in 'em all.:)

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Buy something cheap and thrash it til it blows up,did that with a vf500 years ago,god it felt good,AA recovery man thought I was a nutter with a stupid grin and a dead bike .

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
Buy something cheap and thrash it til it blows up,did that with a vf500 years ago,god it felt good,AA recovery man thought I was a nutter with a stupid grin and a dead bike .
Yes!! He's right. Do it do it do it. Even get a scooter and just proper abuse it.:D

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
See my post about the VOR!! Blew it up TWICE!

·
Registered
110 Posts
lost mine back in 91 , had race since i was 14 , all i could think of was racing motocross , and then the big off ! 4months in hosp an a year off work ,i couldnt even watch any thing to do with bikes not even on tv , then 3months ago had a go on a friends bike popped a couple of wheelies and guess what iv got another bike ,and what ive seen of the flid fests i cant wait to do a track day ! i dont think you ever lose it ,i just think you forget what it is you love about it !!! so i hope to see you at a track day in the near future

·
Registered
6,923 Posts
I really enjoy riding the 950 but I get stupid kicks from just thrashing around at less then 60mph on my WR450.
You can wring it's neck but not go too mad because of the knobblies but it's great to not worry about going too fast, just staying upright maybe.

Having ridden the WR it then makes me more keen for a civilised(ish) ride on the 950 and so the roll on goes.
I don't get out on the bikes too much anyway so it gives me something to look forward to as well.

I started riding when I was 16 and had a bike right up to about 40. Then had about 8 years away and hated it really. Been back for 8 years again now and wouldn't be withiout a bike, even if I only did 500 miles a year - it's just that opportunity to get out for 50 miles or so that is sooo good.
I had times where I thought it was daft keeping the bike but the next time out I would hardly go 400 yards and I'd know why I didn't want to be without one.

·
Registered
6,641 Posts
I've lost my mojo a coupla times, usually when i change bikes, or have a little scare or crash... It's taken me a month to get used to my SDR and for the first few weeks I rode it like a pussy, as I had a few unprompted slides, and it was set-up so differently to the SD. Getting the suspenders sorted put me back on track, and I'm expecting a trackday next week will re-bond me...

The mojo I lost that hasn't returned is my wheelie mojo. I got pretty good on the SMC and half respectable on the SM950, but hoisting a minger on a superduke alludes me...

Not sure if i need it back or not... I'm more into corners now.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
my biking mojo. :D
Has anyone else ever lost theirs, are they available on the Internet IE face-book e-bay.
All help would be appreciated. :cool:

BTW this is a follow on for all the other soppy threads I have read this week :D
How about this; Take two weeks off in Febuary, and go to N.Z. Fly into Christchurch(south Island) and hire a bike.
Spend the next 2 weeks travelling the Island, Long desert Highway, empty mountain roads. Pack light, and if the misses wants to come, then get a sports-tourer

1 - 20 of 37 Posts