KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probleys a daft question but i got my frame powdercoated recently which the took the vin sticker off which i have but needs replacing but is gonna take weeks to arrive can i get a mot still if i take the sticker and logbook to show them ...cheers

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
If youre going to go the same place as you last went then see what he says.... Ask first...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
116 Posts
Probleys a daft question but i got my frame powdercoated recently which the took the vin sticker off which i have but needs replacing but is gonna take weeks to arrive can i get a mot still if i take the sticker and logbook to show them ...cheers
Can't you cellotape the sticker to the frame of make a temporary vin plate & cellotape it on. My understanding of it is the vin number needs to be readable but does not need to be the original plate

·
Registered
1,868 Posts

Vin must be on the bike. But as said, nothing to say it can't be a print off held on with cellotape. Talk to the MOT station

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks lads il give them a ring never used this garage before jus its on the doorstep so thort id try

·
Premium Member
9,132 Posts
From previous experience, it needs to be a more permanent fixture than taped on. Punched aluminium riveted on, that sort of thing. Fixed to anything other than an easily removeable part. I would araldite on a neat ally tag and call it good.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Ok, the sticker is gone but can you still see the stamped number ? I have an Enduro bike thats been powder coated twice now. Can just barely make out stamps but I put a label printer type sticker on. Never any issue at MOT time but I don't know i if they use the easily readable sticker or the barely seeable original stamps. Also been using the same garage for yonks.

Let us know how you get on please.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well a rang the garage today never been there before think this is its first mot also i havent ridden the bike yet jus bought it and rebuilt straight away so anyway a told him what happened powder coated ect still have the sticker he hummed and harred can you not get a metal stamp ect blah blah but i said i want an original sticker to keep it right then he said well yea if you can fetch the sticker in and the v5 we can sort it so thts that but now need to fix this stupid speed not registering any speed vhanged battery checked wires looks like the speedo plastic is abit cracked on once side was my cousins bike never went off road at all idk wtd hes been doin to it

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
You need a speedo to be road legal but you don't need one for an MOT.

Does the speedo light up if you press the set buttons, Is the magnet still in place on the disc , is the pick up part of the cable close enough to the magnet, how have you checked the cable , any chance you can borrow a cable to try ?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It did but now doesnt mate also yes its a new magnet and its close enough and ive took caliper off and moved a magnet over the sensor but still nothing mate cable looks fine

1 - 11 of 11 Posts