KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can i turn 640 duke 2 into a off roader or a green laner? if so what do i need? other thann nobblys, cheers

·
Registered
854 Posts
it really depends on how far off road you mean.. like if you want to jump it then youll need different forks with longer travel cos the duke forks have really short travel, but with just green laning just a good set of tyres would be surfice, like the avon distanzias
but if you want proper knobblies on it then youd need different wheels and brake setup too... all that said i used to take mine green laning on pirelli's and it was ok, just a few hairy moments i can recall haha

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers mad duke. nothing extream

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Personally i wouldnt bother unless its a tatty Duke II. Each to their own though...

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Chop it for a moto.

The minute you want do do something other than easy tarmac on a D2, get rid and you wont be sorry.

If you do choose to have a grin on some easy green, keep an eye on your sub frame, they have a habit of snapping. Under the seat where there are holes in the square framing.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
I'd start by turning it into cash and buying something better suited. The Duke's far too heavy but mainly the suspension's all wrong - would need too much work to make it worth bothering with imo. Get something like a 450EXC and you could also have fun turning it into a tasty supermoto - then with two sets of wheels you'll be able to enjoy the best of both worlds ;)

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cheers all, no off roading then on this then!!! when i can add cash to it then will sell and get as advised.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts