KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys , i went out to matlock last weekend and found i was loosing pressure in my clutch lever! the clutch its self feels fine the bike torquie as hell its not slipping at all, so when i got home took the res cap off to find the fluid is black? Ive been using DOT fluid not sure if it is correct spec for the bike? anyway i cracked the bleed nipple off at the cylinder near the gear lever put on a pipe and put it in a tub a brake fluid and started to pump away i soon realized that the res on the clutch lever was not going down! so i locked off the bleed nipple on the master cylinder, and found i lost all pressure in the lever. so Ive tried to bleed the clutch lever up at the bleed nipple on the lever and the handle bars and i cant get any fluid up whats so ever:confused: can anyone help please its pissing me right of at the moment:frown:

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
have you tried the two syringe method, bleed from the bottom up

·
Registered
669 Posts
Putoline mineral hydraulic clutch fluid £4 for 100ml. you may get away with just the 100ml if your careful or buy 2 just to make sure. Thinking about it your gonna need to flush some through to clean it out. get 2. better hope the master cylinder seals on the lever are not fooked too, those are 2 or 3x the price of the slave. could end being a very expensive lesson. don't do the same with the brake fluid, it may not end in the same way.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hand held Diesel, Brake, Fluid Vacuum Pump Bleeder NEW on eBay (end time 19-Sep-10 00:27:35 BST) hi guys been real busy at work and getting rid of the wife :) anyway just to let you know how got on with my clutch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ive ordered a master cyclinder repair kit from robys at rochdale but them austrian buggers still aint delivered it yet. so i spoke to a friend in holland and he told me to get a hand held diesel vacuum pump / bleeder???? so i bought 1 from flea bay(check out link above) this arrived the next day, so off home i went with my pump and motorex hydrolic fluid, i put the vac pump on my slave cyclinder bleed niple and pumped away, bloody it was done in about 3 mins tops,the clutch is mint and i dont need a master cyclinder kit. happy as a pig in shit:) now the wifes left lol

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Was the wife pretty? if so I'm sorry well done on the clutch front, have just bought the same or similar device to bleed my bandits brake, so your post was good reading

1 - 10 of 10 Posts