KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so you peeps will prob know Im no lover of orange ali ware :eek: even more so the clutch reservoir cover that dont have the fluid type stamped on it :p however, the first KTM I viewed prior to my current ride, had a leaky clutch cylinder where the chain had come off and scored it :mad:So, today a mate of mine gives me a KTM case saver :cool: but shit thing is the existing bolts wont allow it to fit :666: anyone come across this before ???? and what do I need to get this fucker to fit??? Im taking in to account that the standard ali bracket from frame cover to clutch cylinder needs too stay???

Any comments welcome (as always :rolleyes:)

·
Premium Member
31,431 Posts
So you are fitting something that is 5mm thick and with counterbored holes onto your slave and expect the original bolts to be OK?

You need M6 allen screws.

Keep the bar that goes to the frame, make sure it does not come loose at the frame end after you have swung it up to fit the bling

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you are fitting something that is 5mm thick and with counterbored holes onto your slave and expect the original bolts to be OK?

You need M6 allen screws.

Keep the bar that goes to the frame, make sure it does not come loose at the frame end after you have swung it up to fit the bling

Yep, I checked the distance the bolts came out the other side before fitting and it looked good to go Kev as you said its HEAVILY couterbored mate, so I thought all was good :rolleyes: I'll pick up some allen screws tmrw then slap it on :cool: and I'll be all bling like den :D tbh if I hadnt seen the damage the chain can cause to the slave, I wouldn have bothered. :)

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
The bolts have to be a bit longer than the existing bolts. My slave saver thing came with a different set of bolts that were about 5mm longer. If the normal ones are used then they only just catch the thread. One thing that concerns me is some pictures I saw ages ago of what can happen when the chain breaks and smacks the slave saver - didn't just damage the clutch slave, but it broke the engine case when the saver was ripped out.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The bolts have to be a bit longer than the existing bolts. My slave saver thing came with a different set of bolts that were about 5mm longer. If the normal ones are used then they only just catch the thread. One thing that concerns me is some pictures I saw ages ago of what can happen when the chain breaks and smacks the slave saver - didn't just damage the clutch slave, but it broke the engine case when the saver was ripped out.
Yeah, that could well happen I guess :eek: but tbh I think them savers are just for chain whip maybe, and slow ish chain off's. I got mine given to me, so it didnt come with fixings, so im gonna grab some today and stick it on..........gonna bling it right up ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts