KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just thought i'd check on summit;

Im going to fit a 16T sprocket on my 950SM and thought i would give the chain a bit of a clean and relube. On my Duke II it had a split link so i could just take it off and soak in paraffin (think diesel is the same) and brush off. Assuming the chain on my 950SM is the original is it ok to clean with paraffin and relube with chain wax?

Regards

Jon

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW ive read on here the torque setting for the engine sprocket nut should be tightened to 90nm. Reading the engine manual it should be 60nm. Just in case anyone else is wondering.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Ive always used diesel as its a type of oil , other stuff might wash to much oil out ...Before i fitted a Scottoiler i cleaned it with just a rag and now it seems to stay clean ...

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
I use a power washer first to take the worst off the chain , then use brake clean and a paint brush , blow dry with compressed air and lube with wurth high performance dry chain lube .

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Think i will give it a once over with the paraffin and brush then relube.

Ta

Jon

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Just leave it :D:eek:

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Jon,

Where did you get the 16t from?

I think I have one from the D2, any ideas if it will be the same fitting?

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ah, welcome back. Congratulations and all that jazz.

I got a renthal from fleabay. £25 ish I think. Should have been an easy job but turned out to be a bitch.

Don't know about the d2.....

/jon

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The sprocket was seized onto the shaft. It took Alot of lube, shouting and a prybar to get it off.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts