KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
It's just an X-ring chain so use what ever you have on other bikes.

I mainly use engine oil and I clean & reapply often. Though sometimes I will spray on some Putoline DX11, but not often as chain sprays tend to leave clag inside the guards/covers and then grit gets caught in it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
For road bikes I’ve used PJ1 in the blue tins (NOT the black tins) for years - apply immediately following a ride so the chain is warm and it’ll penetrate and dry properly. All lubes fling to an extent but this one’s better than most if applied properly. If you spray just before riding it’ll end up all over your wheel and rear bodywork.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I get a 2lt tin of grease, heat it up on the stove, remove my chain, place it in the pot, simmer for 2 minutes, turn off the heat and refit once cooled.
I've still got 2 half full tins of the old Silkolene chain wax that I acquired back in the 90's.
One of them got spilt all over my kitchen floor once, so much for using my kitchen hob to heat the tin...

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
Wurth - High Performance Dry chain Lube.

You can close the thread now.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Many years ago there was a product called Link Life, it was a tin of hard grease, which you had to do what you do, heat up, out chain in for a couple of minutes, then hang it to dry.
Still got a tin of it. Haven’t used it in years, but would if I ever ran anything old that doesn't have o or x ring sealing.

·
Registered
9,756 Posts
Wurth - High Performance Dry chain Lube.

You can close the thread now.
It's good stuff, i can get it at trade if anyone wants a few tins...

Reactions: Ship

·
Registered
1290 Superduke R
1,040 Posts
I've started cleaning my chain using GT85. Does a very good job of getting the shit off and doubles as an anti-corrosive. Doesn't seem to cause fling when the main lube is applied over the top.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I've started cleaning my chain using GT85. Does a very good job of getting the shit off and doubles as an anti-corrosive. Doesn't seem to cause fling when the main lube is applied over the top.
Exactly what I do with the X Ring chains, in fact the whole bike get a spray after washing, let them drip dry for 1/2 an hour then put them away, look like new next ride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 20 of 33 Posts